Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Currrently on Prednisone Taper....have ? (Read 1448 times)
koctail
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Currrently on Prednisone Taper....have ?
Jun 9th, 2017 at 1:35pm

I only take Prednisone when I am in cycle and have  to travel. I just started a taper today. In the past the Prednisone is excellent at keeping the attacks away, but once I am towards the end of the taper they usually come back and in a bad way. I am on 600mg of Verapamil currently, doing D-3 regimen and been busting.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do at the end of the taper to prevent the attacks from really ramping up? I read once about a Cortisol injection as I guess the prednisone suppresses your natural cortisol production.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Currrently on Prednisone Taper....have ?
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2017 at 3:08pm

Hey Cocktail,

If you're on the anti-inflammatory vitamin D3 regimen, how much vitamin D3 are you taking daily.  Have you had a recent lab test of your serum 25(OH)D?  The target serum 25(OH)D concentration is 80 ng/mL...  If you're 25(OH)D is low ~60 ng/mL, that would explain your CH...

According to survey data for 2016, 93% of CHers taking this regimen experience a significant reduction in the frequency of their CH if taken as suggested... 70% of CHers starting this regimen experience a complete cessation of CH symptoms...  All this in the first 30 days after starting this regimen...

If you haven't already done so, you can download the latest version of the anti-inflammatory regimen CH preventative treatment protocol at the following link.  Be sure to share a copy with your PCP or neurologist.   That way you're both singing from the same sheet music when you ask for the suggested lab tests.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

You can also scan the following QR code with your smart phone and it will download a pdf copy of the treatment protocol to your phone.  The QR Scanner app is free.  It takes less than 10 seconds to download and install.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

koctail
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2017 at 6:25pm

Yep doing the D3 regimen and coming to the end of my loading dose in a few days. I did 50,000 for 7 days and then dropped to 40,000 d3 for 7 days.  the d3 regimen has never ended my cycle, but i do it in hopes that it can minimize the pain and number of headaches...i think this may be true. i haven't had my blood tested though.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2017 at 6:27pm by koctail »  

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2017 at 2:00am

Hey Coctail,

If the 50,000 IU/day loading dose hasn't provided any relief after 10 days, give Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) a try.  12.5 to 25 mg in the morning and 25 mg in the evening should do the trick...  No joy after 10 to 12 days discontinue.  After that I'd start vitamin C at 1000 mg every two hours throughout the day.  No joy there, I'd start taking curcumin at 500 mg/day with meals...

Take care and please let us know your results.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!