Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
timelines and mixing of treatments (Read 1051 times)
pictou
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

timelines and mixing of treatments
Jun 14th, 2017 at 10:07am

I was using DALT for 5 times (20 mg) 5 days apart but the slap back got too severe so switched to the Hawaiin seed tincture (same interval but playing with dose-no apparent effects).  I just started the D3 regiment (4 week loading) and am going to add in some melatonin. 

Anyway my question for the group here is should i go back and try and stick with the DALT longer?  Not sure the seed tincture is doing anything.  I am afraid I have gone from episodic to chronic but I dont want to go to prescription meds if I can help it!

thanks friends

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: timelines and mixing of treatments
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 12:06pm

Hey Pictou,

Good move starting the anti-inflammatory regimen with 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3. You won't be sorry...

The total loading dose is 600,000 IU of vitamin D3.  This is sufficient for most adult CHers to elevate their 25(OH)D from 25 ng/mL to 85 ng/mL.  This total loading dose can be taken orally in one day, one week, or as I suggest, the 2-week or 4-week loading schedules.

I'd switch to the 2-week vitamin D3 loading schedule as it works much faster in elevating your serum 25(OH)D up to the therapeutic level of 80 ng/mL.  Better yet take 50,000 IU/day vitamin D3 for 12 days then drop back to the 10,000 IU/day maintenance dose.

At the two month mark after starting this regimen, try to see your PCP for the 25(OH)D lab test.  If your serum 25(OH)D concentration comes back at 80 ± 10 ng/mL. stay at that dose.  If it comes back >100 ng/mL, skip the 10,000 IU/day maintenance dose on Sundays...

Most CHers respond to the 2-week vitamin D3 loading dose in less than a week, some in less than 24 hours.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!