Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
10 hour mild headache / no meds taken (Read 2010 times)
ronan76
CH.com Junior

Episodes cant be spaced
out enough !

x0|Dublin|Ireland||0|0|
10 hour mild headache / no meds taken
Jul 4th, 2017 at 5:44am

Hi Guys,

In addition to the post below I submitted last week. I wanted to follow up with another query.

After a 48 hour break last week the CH hits came back although milder and arriving about 4am for the last few days. I feel i'm very close to end of episode (day 29) but alas the Mo'fo is wiping his feet on the mat before he leaves.

Last night i woke up at 12:30 with what i'd call a combination of shadows and a 2/3 on the kip scale.

I decided i'd ride this out as opposed to popping a sumitriptan. Although i had only taken on average 1 per 24hrs for the last 5 days I was wondering why they were still hanging around and thought that maybe it was just rebound headaches from all the meds and maybe try to do without.

I slept on and off all night (cold cloth on the head/face/teeth) and resisted meds. At times the pain would go to a 3 then down to a 2 or a 1 and i'd drirt back to sleep.

Now I'm in work and its 10:30am and it's still not gone. So really i've had this niggly mild but annoying CH about 10 hours now....

Anyone experience this ? I'm gonna neck a redbull to see if it will clear it up. It's like its refusing to go until i take a Sumitriptan...

Thanks and looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2017 at 5:45am by ronan76 »  

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Re: 10 hour mild headache / no meds taken
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2017 at 7:27am

Hi Ronan,
I have experienced very similar activity to what you're describing. It sounds to me like the end of this CH cycle is near. When I get the long, drawn out mild attacks, I rely more on all the little tricks I've found to work over the years, including caffeine (during the day) and ice. Over the counter anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen normally do nothing to help, but I have found they can help the really light attacks a little.
I hope you're seeing the last days of this round. Good luck.

Patti

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2017 at 12:51pm

Yes, I've had similar.  Several hours of shadows that don't quite develop into a CH, but don't go away either.

IP Logged

Payg
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

NC
Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2017 at 8:05pm

Hi Ronan,
I know where you're coming from...

In the early days of my CH (before I knew about O2 & D3), it usually took a full 24 hours for me to get rid of all the CH issues and feel completely normal again.  My shadows seemed to last about 12 hours.  At one point, I told my Neuro that to me the shadows were worse than the headache itself.  And that was only because they lasted so long...I was miserable. 

Sure, I was able to go to work but it wasn't my best day at the office!  Plus, I tend to get a LOT of swelling around my eye.  Let's just say, it's not my best look!    Huh

One of the things that really seemed to help me was that I would sleep sitting up the next night after my attack.  Lying down only seemed to keep it hanging on.  I really do hope your cycle is coming to an end!   

PF wishes to you, Ronan.

Payg
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2017 at 8:06pm by Payg »  

IP Logged

ronan76
CH.com Junior

Episodes cant be spaced
out enough !

x0|Dublin|Ireland||0|0|
Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 2:33pm

Thanks for the replies all.
The shadows would wear you down but at the same time for me it's a lot better than a CH.

Interesting one. After 6 nights pretty Much clear with Only mild shadows on and off I decided to have a couple beers as I'm on vacation ...

Unfortunately this led to a 3am ch and a sumatriptan was required....  although not too bad it was still a 5ish on the scale....  Cheesy

So no beer for me just yet... I suppose I shouldn't complain... It seems the end is nigh....
I thought I was out the woods but obviously not quite yet...  Any pf day is a great day... I'd still like a beer though.... Roll Eyes

Any questions?

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #5 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 8:05pm

If the beer is a problem you can always send it to me for safe keeping.

Happy to help,

Brian.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

rockfish
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

new orleans
Reply #6 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 2:15pm

i think im going through a Ronan76 type issue now, as ive suffered through a few this week without having to take a shot.  I do take shots when i awaken with one though, as I feel sleeping through the night helps interrupt the cycle.  I have taken an ambien every night this week about a half hour before climbing into bed to help stave off the fear of sleeping....I think its helping.  By the way Batch, i just put 5 - 2000 IU vitamin D3 softgels under my tongue....I figure it cant hurt to get started with supplements.  So 10000 IU to get started.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #7 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:40pm

Getting started on D3 is a good choice that has worked so well for so many.

Make sure you read up on all the details - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!