Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New member (Read 1192 times)
rockfish
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

new orleans
Jul 5th, 2017 at 5:00pm

I'm a 54 yr old male with classic episodic clusters for over 25 years.  they used to come like clockwork every spring and wake me every night.  I now get the cycles less predictably and the current one started in early June.  Unfortunately this cycle is bringing headaches every 12 hours.  Imitrex injections abort the CH but I am running out of them since I have used 2 a day this cycle.  Pills take forever to get into the bloodstream.  anyway, nothing unusual to this group and thanks for the forum. Cheesy

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: New member
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 2:47am

Hi and welcome

Are you using a preventive to cut down how many CHs you get?

Tried oxygen?

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Re: New member
Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 3:22am

Hi rockfish, and welcome.

On the left of your screen there is a tab - "imitrex tip".  It shows you how to split the injections so you get 2,or even 3 doses from one injection. I do it all the time. 

I'm very fortunate in that I don't have any trouble getting them, but I hate using them - they go off like a nail gun and leave me covered in bruises. Splitting them is a much gentler way of using them, and of course, a smaller dose of a nasty drug.

Try to get a stockpile going when you are not in cycle, and then split them to double the usage.  3 mg is plenty to abort a fairly bad
CH.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!