Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First post - been in a weird cycle (Read 1179 times)
rockfish
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

new orleans
First post - been in a weird cycle
Jul 10th, 2017 at 8:16pm

I am a 54 year old man and Ive been a CH sufferer for about 30 years.  They used to be fairly regular spring time cycles with headaches at night upon falling asleep, so pretty standard stuff for you on this forum.  Lately these cycles have been later in the year and I'm in a full blown one now. This time they arrive Morning, noon and night and I've had many days where I've taken sumatriptan pills and shots.   Shots work quickly but i hate to use them as i cant get enough on refill at the pharmacy to get me through a long cycle.  Sunday i went to a "urgent care" type place where i live and was given an IV with magnesium and B6, plus a toradol and steroid ....Then took ambien last night and slept like a baby....I don't know if that IV therapy works but at least i slept last night.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: First post - been in a weird cycle
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 12:36pm

Hey Rockfish,

Welcome to CH.com.  You've come to the right place.  We know what you're going through and the good news is it doesn't need to be that way.

The odds are very high you are vitamin D3 deficient and that deficiency is contributing to the frequency, severity and duration of your CH.

We've been running an online survey of 215 CHers taking what I call the Anti-Inflammatory Regimen to prevent their CH.  To date 83% have experienced a significant reduction in the frequency of their CH from an average of 3 CH/day down to 3 CH/week.  Moreover, 56% of the participants have experienced a complete cessation of their CH symptoms... all in the first 30 days.

This regimen consists of 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3, 1000 mg/day Omega-3 Fish Oil, and the vitamin D3 conutrients: Magnesium, zinc, boron, vitamin A (retinol), vitamin B Complex and vitamin K2 complex. 

I realize this sounds like a lot to take, but it really isn't and it works very well to prevent CH.

What you need to do is see your primary care provider (PCP) and ask for the lab test of your serum 25(OH)D.  This is the serum level metabolite of vitamin D3 that's used to measure its status.

You can download a copy of the anti-inflammatory regimen at the following link. Be sure to share a copy with your PCP when you go in for the 25(OH)D lab test.  That way you'll both be singing from the same sheet music as you start this regimen to prevent your CH.

I posted this treatment protocol on VitaminDWiki 21 January, 2017 so I could track the number of downloads.  As of the 10th of July, 2190 copies have been downloaded.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

rockfish
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

new orleans
Re: First post - been in a weird cycle
Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 2:00pm

Batch wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 12:36pm:

This regimen consists of 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3, 1000 mg/day Omega-3 Fish Oil, and the vitamin D3 conutrients: Magnesium, zinc, boron, vitamin A (retinol), vitamin B Complex and vitamin K2 complex. 

What you need to do is see your primary care provider (PCP) and ask for the lab test of your serum 25(OH)D.  This is the serum level metabolite of vitamin D3 that's used to measure its status....V/R, Batch

Thanks so much Batch.  And thanks for this wonderful site.
Could it be that my acid reflux medicine is reducing my bodies absorption or uptake of vitamins and minerals in that regimen?  (I take a daily "big" dose of 40mg protonix.)  I will send a message on the D3 regimen to my GI doc immediately...Also I see my 7th neuro on Tuesday and will ask him as well about the serum 25(OH)D test.  Otherwise i may venture back to the aforementioned urgent care/remedy room for another IV with magnesium this weekend.  Best, Mark

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!