Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Damn you beer (Read 2183 times)
ronan76
CH.com Junior

Episodes cant be spaced
out enough !

x0|Dublin|Ireland||0|0|
Damn you beer
Jul 14th, 2017 at 6:09am

Hi there,

In cycle since June 4th. No clusters in 9 nights now bar 2.. both those nights I had beer.
First night was a mistake, I thought I was clear and had 3.... Got a 4/10 ch later that night.

Last night (4 nights later) I tried one measly beer and had a 2/3 an hour later which went away but then came back about 2am.

I'm on vacation and am generally PF thankfully ... But obviously not quite out of cycle yet if alcohol is still triggering. I feel like I'm almost back to normal but this cycle seems to be hanging on a bit...

Any similar stories?

IP Logged

ronan76
CH.com Junior

Episodes cant be spaced
out enough !

x0|Dublin|Ireland||0|0|
Re: Damn you beer
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 6:12am

Sorry i posted similar topic already.. I really am losing it...

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 6:42am

I've been known to enjoy the occasional beer myself, which will surprise many, so my heart really goes out to you.

On a brighter side, perhaps, is that I've spoken to other CHeads over the years who can handle a dark ale but not a bright lager, or the other way round. One bloke couldn't look at a white wine but any red was fair game.

I recall an American saying he couldn't touch any spirit except rum, though I can't go near the stuff meself because it gives me a blood nose. (Along with busted ribs, busted fists, it's not a pretty sight.)

Abstention, or experimentation? The devil or the deep blue sea?

Damn this disease.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 9:49am

Ronan,

Yep..happened to me in Rome in 2014. One half litre glass of beer and pow. ... about half an hour later, Bang.

As I'm chronic, it's the last alcohol I've had.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #4 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 3:08pm

Hmmm... 

I guess I'm one of the fortunate few that doesn't have a problem with my CH if I drink.  In nearly 25 years with CH, I've been able to have a couple rum & cokes or a couple beers without any problems with a follow up CH...

Ronan, going without beer is inhumane... Try a few days of vitamin D3 at 50,000 IU/day then have a beer and see what happens...  If taking vitamin D3 lets you get away CH pain free after a beer, I'd look into the anti-inflammatory regimen that prevents CH. 

You can download the latest version of the anti-inflammatory regimen CH preventative treatment protocol at the following link.  Be sure to share a copy with your PCP or neurologist.  That way you’re both singing from the same sheet music when you ask for a lab test of your 25(OH)D.   

Henry Lahore posted this treatment protocol for me on his VitaminDWiki website 21 January, 2017.  I just checked, 2260 copies of this treatment protocol have been downloaded so far.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #5 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 1:00pm

Yep, happened to me too.  I was actually sitting with hubby and Aussie Brian, in the sunshine, in a lovelly pub garden in Cairns.  First beer for weeks and bam. Half an hour later I got a K6, and my injection got jammed and didn't work.

Learned a good lesson though - always carry 2 injections.

IP Logged

Constantine
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reply #6 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:15pm

Out of a cycle, I can drink headache free. In cycle, if I've already had my headache for the day, I can drink freely, even if my head will be in a broken fog until bedtime.

If I drink before I've had a headache that day, the booze will trigger a cluster 100% of the time.

I haven't had a drink since Dec.2015, and I've always been wary of booze because of this condition. I wasn't diagnosed until July 2016, but even before then, I knew booze and clusters were none too fun.

I'm on the vitamin regimen now (since late April 2017) and it SEEMS like I can drink if I want as I am currently shadow free, but since I've never been much of a drinker anyway, I just avoid it. Clusters have soiled drinking for me forever as I had my first cycle at 13, so there are have been countless drunken cluster headaches in my teens and twenties. At some point I guess I reached a point where I said, no mas.

Shame. Probably for the best tho.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #7 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:38pm

maz wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 1:00pm:
Yep, happened to me too.  I was actually sitting with hubby and Aussie Brian, in the sunshine, in a lovelly pub garden in Cairns.

I suspect that I've been to the same pub with Aussie Brian and the beer there wasn't a trigger for me, just like any other alcohol I've tried when I've been in cycle. But it could be that some form will be a trigger for me as I won't have tried too many of the possible options.

Enjoying a beer in Cairns with good company is probably worth the risk of a CH.
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:39pm by Mike NZ »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!