Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Blood Thinners (Read 761 times)
neuropath
CH.com Veteran

Same Hit, Different Day

Blood Thinners
Jul 26th, 2017 at 2:42am

Had an interesting experience yesterday I thought useful to share.

15 years with the beast, 12 chronic, getting by on Verapamil, O2 and triptans. Tried Batch's recipe repeatedly but to no avail.

At the airport, about to board a long-haul flight, I was starting to feel a hit coming on.

After having had a thrombosis a few years back, I make it a practice to take a pre and post flight shot of Heparin blood thinner when traveling long-haul and to take a "prevent" zomig pill, as flying is a definite trigger for me.

In absence of O2 and trying to avoid an imitrex shot, I was settling in for a sumptuous 8 cal. hit.

Before taking the zomig, which at least starts to contain the beast after after 20 mins, I took the heparin shot and to my surprise the hit was aborted immediately after the injection and even faster than if I had used an Imitrex.

After 15 years and hundreds of hits I know with 100% certainty that, once you feel a hit coming on, it will go all the way and this is the very first time that a hit just magically disappeared.

There is some reference to Warfarin being helpful but I am curious to hear if anyone else has had a similar experience with blood thinners being helpful.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!