Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Other symptoms (Read 1263 times)
helliknowpain
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Ontario, Canada
Other symptoms
Jul 27th, 2017 at 7:29am

So I've been playin' around with the D3 regiment for about 9 months (not the full regiment) with limited results. A month ago my attacks ramped up so I decided to go full regiment (with antihistamine)over a week ago and have now had 7 days with no hits  Smiley

While on the regiment I still have other symptoms - stuffed, swollen feeling in one nostril and a stiff neck. Also, my sleep seems to be a little disrupted, almost like CH is waking me up like it normally does while sleeping, but without the ensuing attack - a pain free attack...

Is this something others experience while in cycle and on the full D3 regiment ?

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Other symptoms
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 12:04pm

HIKP,

Thanks for the feedback and good on you for trying the antihistamine...  It's a great feeling knowing you can control the CH pain isn't it...

I've been using Children's Benadryl Allergy Relief Dye-Free Bubble Gum Flavored Liquid - Diphenhydramine HCL and found it works more effectively than the 25 mg tablets.  It's terribly sweet and I would prefer a Rum, Whiskey or Kahlúa flavor rather than the bubble gum... but it works...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The increase in effectiveness comes if you hold the liquid in your mouth and swirl it around under your tongue and between cheeks and gums for 3 to 4 minutes. 

This sublingual application allows the 12.5 mg (5 mL) dose of Diphenhydramine to pass through the mucus membranes in the mouth directly into the blood stream in minutes where the 25 mg table form can take 3 to 4 hours or more to reach the same serum concentration.

Here's the other benefit of taking the liquid Benadryl this way...  It also works as an abortive in 10 to 15 minutes...  At $3.79 from Target, one bottle is good for over 20 aborts... or ~ 18 cents/CH abort...  That beats the crap out of sumatriptan succinate SC injections at $100 USD a pop...

I suspect the stuffiness in the head and sinuses is due to allergic rhinitis and that may require some additional magnesium and water to go along with the Diphenhydramine. 
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
I take a 400 mg softgel of the Nature Made liquid magnesium in the morning and another 12 hours later.  I also try to drink at least 2 liters of water a day.  Taking a double dose of the Omega-3 fish oil a day can also help reduce the stuffiness as it's a natural anti-inflammatory.

Finally, there's Vitamin C.  I've been taking 4 to six of the Kirkland 500 mg çhewable tablets a day... 
We need a daily supply of vitamin C for good cardiovascular health because our bodies cannot synthesize it.   Accordingly, we need to take if from dietary sources, (Yellow and Orange Bell Peppers have the most), or from supplements.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2017 at 12:12pm by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

helliknowpain
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Ontario, Canada
Re: Other symptoms
Reply #2 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 6:20pm

As always thanks Batch! I neglected to say, I am also on the Vit C - No stone unturned  Wink

I'll have to check on the Children's Benadryl Allergy Relief w/ Diphenhydramine HCL. Don't know if it's retailed in Canada

As for Rum, Whiskey or Kahlúa or any other form of libation...don't tease me, I've abstained for well over a year and I'm too chicken to even get a sniff, maybe someday, but not this one  Undecided

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!