Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: Barometric Pressure (Read 4664 times)
Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: Barometric Pressure
Aug 18th, 2017 at 6:21pm

Hey Gregg,

Living in Ireland the weather is famously changeable and consequently, so is the barometric pressure.

As a result I frequently suffer attacks (admittedly not too bad thanks to D3).

I have always believed there is a direct relationship between Cluster attacks and changes in barometric pressure.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 1:51pm

Yo Gregg,

High...or low pressure never seemed to be a trigger for me...but a swift CHANGE...oh yeah. First noticed  that I frequently was wearing sun glasses on the way to O2 shop...after a long Seattle area
rain spell...then high baro pressure....

Plane trips...or mountain trips...usually not an issue....tis another strange riddle within the paradox that is CH....

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 4:15pm

I've not had an issue with pressure changes causing CH even with the weather here in the NZ winter being pretty changeable plus lots of flying.

However for my migraines, pressure changes, especially a decrease with a weather front coming through is a strong trigger.

There are mobile phone apps that you can get which use the pressure sensor in most mobile phones that allow you to watch pressure changes where you are. This can be linked to your CHs (or migraines) so you can confirm a connection and use it to ensure that you're near abortives when it is likely to be required.

IP Logged

gore2424
CH.com Alumnus

What the hamsalad was
that ?¿?

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 6:52pm

Hi all Terry here in Iowa. I get hit worse (am chronic) when change in barometric pressure. My wife knows it is going to rain by just looking at my face.

I said your hair looks nice Ü

IP Logged

rockfish
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

new orleans
Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 1:00pm

my neurologist suggested my weird cycle might be a barometric pressure related cycle....i dont know but can tell you that the current summer has been very hard for me and unusual  and that there have been a few hurricanes to deal with.  I live on the gulf coast and perhaps our pressure has modulated more than normal but i dont track it.  I remember that when Hurricane Katrina struck i had a terrible cycle.  so maybe there is some connection

IP Logged

Esheel31
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Virginia,USA
Reply #5 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 10:11pm

Last year the barometric pressure changed in my area due to the El Niño weather pattern.
Worst cycle I've ever had.
Nothing helped.
D3.
Oxygen.
6-7 hits a day for 4.5 months.
Pattern changed in the fall,CH's went away.

IP Logged

Eroc
CH.com Junior

CH.com helped me!

Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 10:24am

I also for the first time have been noticing a severe uptick in hits when we have a weather front coming through. 

I dont ever really recall this from previous cycles, but this time around I am getting spanked up to 5 times a day leading up to the weather event, and then once the front passes I am far less frequent. 

Im in Minnesota and we arent really talking about a strong front this time of year either. 

Yesterday a small snow event passed through and it was a rough day, and now today I am doing really good. 

I am starting to keep a log of the barometric pressure changes and comparing it to the time and day of the hits to better track a correlation.

Have a great day,

Eric

EHanson1980  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #7 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 1:50am

The problem with weather triggers is that you can't do too much to avoid them, other than moving somewhere different.

IP Logged

Graemel
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Taupo NZ
Reply #8 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 6:15am

Yes I have often felt air pressure affects my CH. I have never been able to prove it but low pressure seems to be the catalyst. I am currently experiencing around 2 CH per day and life is grim.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!