Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Depression - treated with anti-inflammatories? (Read 2184 times)
Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Depression - treated with anti-inflammatories?
Sep 10th, 2017 at 2:59am

Depression is a physical illness which could be treated with anti-inflammatory drugs, scientists suggest

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Very interesting reading and it makes you wonder if D3, especially at the doses we take could be effective in preventing / treating depression?

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Depression - treated with anti-inflammatories?
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 4:58pm

Hey Mike,

Empirical evidence from the online survey of 215 CHers taking the anti-inflammatory regimen suggests Yes, this regimen does help treat depression... and more...

Most of this evidence comes from the following survey question: What other benefits have you noticed since starting this regimen?

Perhaps the best response on the capacity of this regimen to treat depression came in the following post here at CH.com.  This one still brings a lump to my throat...  V/R, Batch

Re: 123 Days PF And I Think I know Why
Reply #798 - May 19th, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Hey Batch, wanted to give you some more good news about this D3 regime.

I have myriad of conditions, namely Major Depressive Disorder, myofascial pain syndrome and tension headaches.  My husband (Aubanbird) who follows your regime pushed and pushed me to at least try it since he's gone mostly PF from it.

I am VERY excited to say that since starting it (2 weeks ago), the tension headaches are completely gone.  Haven't had a single one (and I was having 3 or 4 a day!).  My chronic pain levels are down to a level that I can live and have fun with.  And the depression?  I haven't had a SINGLE symptom of it since I started.

I will be heading to the doctor next week (time for another medication sit-down discussion), so I will see if he will go ahead and order me the 25(OH)D blood text before the appointment.  I have the records from my last one, and would really like to see if there has been an increase (I was below 30 on my latest one).

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again for giving both my husband and myself our lives back.

(Added note:  I just walked over 3 miles today for the first time in 7 years!!! Take THAT chronic pain!!)

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 6:29pm

D3 to treat depression ?  There's no doubt in my mind that it does.

I've seen it work in my own family.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 12:00am

Awesome to see it working.

I've had some "fun" medical issues recently and what has surprised multiple medical people is that they think I should be in a dark place mentally, but I'm not. I put some of it down to having got through CH, it makes anything else seem easier to manage, but I strongly expect D3 will have played its part too.

IP Logged

Payg
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

NC
Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 5:04pm

I agree.  I believe the D3 has made a significant difference in my outlook and my moods.  I KNOW it has made a difference in the way I feel physically, but I've also noticed that I have a more positive outlook about so many things that would have normally brought me down.  Along the same lines of what MikeNZ said...If I'm not in those dark places due to my medical issues and if I can deal with CH and win, then there isn't anything that I can't fight my way through with the belief that I will win again. 

Payg

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #5 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 6:03pm

Mike NZ wrote on Sep 16th, 2017 at 12:00am:
Awesome to see it working.

I've had some "fun" medical issues recently and what has surprised multiple medical people is that they think I should be in a dark place mentally, but I'm not. I put some of it down to having got through CH, it makes anything else seem easier to manage, but I strongly expect D3 will have played its part too.

OH YEAH!!!!!

...and then

Some medical issues myself...and a remarkably similar experience. Diagnosed with an "interesting"
ailment 8 years ago. The Doc was REALLY nervous...could hardly get it out. I shrugged and nodded and he blanched. "do you understand what I just said?" yeah Doc...what do we do now?.....

We did...it's done...and I'm writing this (interesting again...8 was the limit I was given  Tongue.) My point...being a clusterhead... for several decades... prepared me to "know" my own body (he didn't tell me anything I didn't already know)...AND deal with whatever came along...cuz it can't be any worse than the nightmare I already knew. It wasn't......

NO argument with the D3 regimen...been doing a version of same for years before...no effect...for me...re CH. NO doubts it helps others....so fully in support.........

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #6 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 12:57am

I've no doubt the Vit D regimen has a major effect on depression. I know I've been much more level emotionally in the last several years I've been on it.

I'm not one who found PF status from the regimen, though I will say if I keep my numbers high enough to give my GP kittens I can get about an 80% reduction in numbers and severity. By adding 5 MeO DALT, I'm at 99% PF status, and have been for well over two years. (I quit keeping track. I could figure it out, but I'm too lazy. Just enjoying life. Smiley )

I do notice, if I miss a few doses of the D3, my mood gets bad, and the HA's start to sneak back into the picture. I have also noticed, since I've been on the regimen, I've had neither a cold, nor the flu in the past four+ years. If for no other reason, I'm staying on it.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!