Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Busy, Busy, Busy (Read 1395 times)
Payg
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

NC
Busy, Busy, Busy
Sep 29th, 2017 at 1:14pm

Hi Everyone!

I feel like I haven't talked to ya'll in quite a while.  I try to drop by and read a post of two, but it's been a busy couple of weeks with some good and bad sprinkled in.

The bad news first....we had a fellow pass away this week while at work.  Though I tried to be strong and comforting for his wife, it was very traumatic for his co-workers and it really bothered me more than I expected.  I didn't get a whole lot of sleep that night and had a very mild CH as a result.  He was a great employee, well liked and very knowledgeable.  He will be missed by many. 

The not so hot news....Allergy season is going full blast here in NC.  I got home from work and started feeling a little tickle in the back of my throat.  Even though I take allergy meds every day (and have a nose spray to use as needed), I started sneezing and couldn't stop.  I happen to sneeze rather "manly" and my sneezing was actually mistaken for another male employee.   Huh  So needless to say, I'm now taking Benadryl.  I slept VERY well last night, haven't sneezed one time and just have to wait on all the congestion to clear up. 

The good news is that my husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on 09/22/17. 10 years....not too shabby Smiley!  We decided to take a weekend trip to the beach in celebration when the phone rang with the BEST news...my stepdaughter had gone into labor.  Jack was born at 12:39 am on 09/23/17, 8 lbs 3 oz, 21 1/2 inches.  Jack and his mom and dad are at home adjusting to their new life and all are doing very well.  My oh my, Jack is handsome!  Now I just have to get over these allergies so I can go spoil my 1st Grandbaby.  Better to be safe around a new baby than banished due to the sniffles.  (*SIGH*  Come on Bendadryl!)

My "life lesson" takeaway from all this...Life can change in an instant.   

Best wishes to all,
Payg   

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Re: Busy, Busy, Busy
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 2:52pm

Thank you for this post which made me smile today. The good news part of your post is uplifting in spite of the sad work news. Congrats on your anniversary and new grandchild! I hope your recent CH was just an anomaly. Smiley This time of year can be tricky in that department.

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 5:02am

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. 

But congratulations on your 10 year happy marriage, and the delight of a new member in the family.  There is nothing better than being a granny.  You love 'em, spoil 'em, feed 'em on ice cream, get 'em all hyped up - and then give 'em back   Grin.  It's brill.

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 2:00pm

Payg wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 1:14pm:
Hi My "life lesson" takeaway from all this...Life can change in an instant.   

It damn sure can.

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!