Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CNN article on headaches, mainly CH (Read 1716 times)
Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
CNN article on headaches, mainly CH
Oct 4th, 2017 at 11:48pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The video is hard to watch as you know what people are going through when they have a CH.

Fairly good, but a bit too much of a focus on how bad they are, not really covering preventives although abortives are covered.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: CNN article on headaches, mainly CH
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 7:07am

Thanks for the warning before I clicked on the link, Mike.

I've tried to watch CH videos on YouTube put up by fellow ClusterHeads but have failed miserably.  A couple of moments in and I fall apart completely because it's simply too close to home.

(Don't know how our Supporters put up with us.)

Was having a beer with a ClusterBuddy in a lovely pub here in Cairns when she got hit and I was no more use than a jellyfish on a bicycle.

Let's hope only good comes out of the program,

Brian.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 10:32am

It's hard to see MIke.  I cry a lot of tears for other CHers.

IP Logged

Payg
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

NC
Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 1:07pm

Hi MikeNZ,
I certainly do appreciate a recent article that can raise awareness of the condition, but CH videos are difficult to watch.  One of the things that concern me about these videos is the fact that, unfortunately, some viewers get the idea that it's faked or the person is being overly dramatic.  (Just read some of the comments--some people are not very nice!) 

I personally am not a "screamer" or a "crier" when I have one which means I'm probably in the minority.  But when I see these folks in the videos, I know where they are coming from.   Not a good place to be!

Payg

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #4 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 7:16pm

Thanks for posting Mike....I forced myself to watch and got what I expected....vivid gut wrenching recollections. It seemed too short and choppy...but typical of a 'news segment". Found remarkable the supporter of the first patient participated in the head slapping...I've done same...or worse to myself...but cannot even imagine letting someone else do same...I didn't want anybody in the same room...let alone touching me. Ah well...supporters are GOLD and whatever works for the clusterhead works for me....................

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!