Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dear Batch / D3 regimen side effects (Read 1710 times)
rookie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Dear Batch / D3 regimen side effects
Oct 5th, 2017 at 11:32am

Hello Batch/Fellow Cluster friends

I have a quick question regarding side effects of the D3 Regimen and if anyone else has been affected.

This is my 2nd D3 Regimen. My 1st one was 3 years ago and I started the D3 Regimen mid cycle.  It worked and I was able to live through the rest of cycle pain free. But at the end of the cycle I suffered a painful bout of kidney stones.  It was the first time I have ever gotten them and I made mental correlation between the two.

About 2 weeks ago, I felt the beast approaching and I started on the D3 Regimen nice and quick and it never got passed kip 1. but a lighter form of kidney stones started again.

Can you please tell me if there are any connection between the two. and if Yes if anything could be done about it?

I take the full D3 Regimen and all co-factors. I also completely tapper off the regimen in-between cycles.

thank you !!!

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Dear Batch / D3 regimen side effects
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 8:53am

Hey Rookie.

Thanks for the update and great question.  The two biggest myths about taking vitamin D3 are, 1. It's toxic if you take too much, and 2. It causes kidney stones.

Neither myths are true unless someone was to down the contents of 60 or more 300 count bottles of 5,000 IU liquid soft gel vitamin D3 capsules... in one sitting. My guess is that the gel in that many capsules would result in severe GI tract pain long before the LD50 for vitamin D3 was reached.

I'm a chronic CHer so take 10,000 IU/day up to 40,000 IU/day vitamin D3 depending on the time of year and pollen count to remain CH pain free.  As a result I maintain an average 25(OH)D serum concentration around 140 ng/mL. 

My PCP just smiles and shakes his head at my annual physical after reviewing my labs...  then annotates my medical record and says...  "Your 25(OH)D is elevated... as usual... but your serum calcium is normal and your PTH is in the lower third of its normal reference range... so I guess you know what you're doing controlling your CH this way."

I gave him a copy of the anti-inflammatory regimen CH preventative treatment protocol three years ago... and so far, he hasn't thrown the BS flag.

I've reviewed available studies on kidney stones and have come to the conclusion that taking the anti-inflammatory regimen is a good way to avoid kidney stones.  Particularly if you follow this regimen and drink 2.5 liters of water a day.

VitaminDWiki has a great page on kidney stones with some of the data I've reviewed at the following link:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

For reference, my wife and I stay on this regimen year round and consider it a way of life that provides a very good quality of life...  and at 73, (my wife is 80), we're all about staying healthy with a good quality of life.  Neither of us take any Rx medications.

Hope this answers your question.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

rookie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Re: Dear Batch / D3 regimen side effects
Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 3:53am

Thanks Batch... You're a lifesaver.

I have not been drinking anywhere near 2.5 l of water a day. so Ill make sure I get at least that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!