Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Member and problem. (Read 1560 times)
Stenou
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

New Member and problem.
Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:06pm

Hi all. I just discovered this forum. I am a 62 year old male. I've had cluster headaches for over 10 years. I think they followed a typical pattern in that they would last 1-2 weeks and then go away for a while until they returned again. After the first 4-5 years, I discovered O2 which was great. Generally did a good job of vanquishing the headache. Unfortunately, I started a cluster about 6 weeks ago which is still present. I've never had one last longer than 2-3 weeks. I was traveling a bunch and managed to get O2 on the road which worked. When I got home, the O2 stopped working. Red wine seems to be a big trigger. Since i figured that out, I've only had white, which has generally been ok. Tested some red about a week ago and got a bad headache. In researching this morning, I discovered that red wine is higher than white in histimines. So, thought some of this might be histimine related. Anyone had any luck with antihistimines? Any thoughts on this cluster lasting so long? Any thoughts on stuff to take to keep the cluster at bay or stop this cluster? Thanks. any thoughts appreciated.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: New Member and problem.
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:59pm

G'day Steve, welcome, and as Gregg says on the other thread there's a heap of terrific information on the buttons down the left. The yellow-highlighted Oxygen Info page has been especially helpful to many and we've experts here on board can help you with any questions at all.

Was intrigued by the problem with red wine, and your solution in switching to white, because a dear ClusterMate had it exactly the other way around. He had to switch from white to red and always thought it was something to do with histamines.

All the best as you hunt around our happy little site and we're here to help in any way we can.

CH is hateful but there's always hope,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Stenou
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 11:57pm

Just an update. I took a round of prednisone which I think bounced me out of cycle. So, good for now. But, I'm going to stick with Batch's D3 regimen in the hope of minimizing or shortening future attacks. Thanks to Batch and Aussie Brian for support. When you're in the middle of it, it seems like it will never go away. And this recent bout last 4 times as long as any previous episode. Hopefully, an anomaly.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 2:39pm

Great to hear of your success. Hoping that the next cycle just won't arrive due to the D3.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!