Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cluster Headaches and Pregnant (Read 1244 times)
Divinedee077
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Cluster Headaches and Pregnant
Oct 14th, 2017 at 4:47am

I have had cluster headaches since I was 16 years old. I am now 29 and pregnant for the first time; I experienced lots of CH attacks from about week 7 until week 15. It got so bad, my neurologist & pcp had to work together to finally get me O2 for both home and my office. Insurance wouldn't pay for it so I was connected with a foundation at the hospital who was more than willing to cover my costs. It was a huge blessing! I still have and use O2 even at 27 weeks but thankfully, only getting CH occasionally compared with more than 5 daily for over 2 months during this pregnancy.

Most doctors really just don't know how to work around insurance with CH not being listed as an approved diagnosis for O2 coverage. Hopefully with more research, that would change.

Although, I've seen a few discussions on here about labor being a breeze and much less painful than CH. I've dreaded labor as I keep thinking I may experience an attack while in labor but hoping for the best. Still have 13 weeks to go and I'm just thankful the daily cluster headaches have stopped. However, I'm interested to learn about any experiences of CH interference during labor?

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Cluster Headaches and Pregnant
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 1:52am

G'day DD, welcome, and congratulations on your pregnancy. I truly hope everything is going beaut for you and only great days lie ahead.

It's long been believed, of course, that women don't get Cluster Headaches but we're a bit more grown up here at ch.com and our lady members assure us it's perfectly true  -  or else!

Please take the time to look through our various forums as there's a wealth of information here for the taking along with fellow ClusterHeads ready to answer all your questions.

All the very best to you,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!