Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nmol/L levels (Read 1068 times)
Colin.C
CH.com Newbie

Nmol/L levels
Nov 12th, 2017 at 8:23am

Hi everyone,

So I had my blood work done last week after being on the D3 regimen for 21 days. I got my results back yesterday and I was at 288 nmol/l when the test was taken. This seems really high. I've been taking 15,000 to 20,000 UI a day between the day I had blood taken and today. Is there a way to estimate my current nmol/l based off those available numbers?

Also, I would feel more comfortable with a lower number. To achieve this, would I stop taking vitamin d for a set period of time but continue the cofactors? Or should I just stop altogether.

Btw, I'm 99% pain free right now. I'll get nothing during the day and only one kip 2 in the middle of the night. This began maybe 3-4 days ago.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Nmol/L levels
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 3:03pm

Hey Colin,

Thanks for the update...  I wouldn't worry about your 25(OH)D serum concentration at 288 nmol/L (115.2 ng/mL).  It's no biggie, particularly if it's keeping you CH pain free...  My average 25(OH)D serum concentration over the last three years is 140 ±50 ng/mL (350 ± 125 nmol/L).

My PCP just looks at my labs and smiles... then says..."Your serum 25(OH)D is elevated... as usual... However as your serum calcium is normal and your PTH is low... I guess you know what you're doing controlling your CH this way...  (He has a copy of the treatment protocol).

If you still feel uncomfortable with your 25(OH)D this high, drop the vitamin D3 dose to 10,000 IU/day.  Your serum 25(OH)D will start dropping slowly.  If you're episodic, you can let it drop to 200 nmol/L. If you're a chronic CHer, I wouldn't let it drop below 250 nmol/L. 

The survey data indicates chronic CHers who experienced a favorable or pain free response to this regimen are maintaining a mean 25(OH)D serum concentration of 100 ng/mL (250 nmol/L).

As you're still not 100% CH pain free, you might want to try the Children's Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) liquid allergy medicine

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

12.5 mg (5 mL in the measuring cap) when you get home for the day and done driving and 25 mg before bed.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2017 at 3:06pm by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!