Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Benadryl with D3 Regimen - how long? (Read 3284 times)
Genever
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Benadryl with D3 Regimen - how long?
Nov 17th, 2017 at 12:17pm

Hi all,
Wow, this cycle has been my worst one yet, going on 3 months and 7 days. I have started the D3 regimen in full about 3.5 weeks ago with the Benadryl. I took a few days off of work and I ended up adding Benadryl for 75 mgs every 4 hours. I did this for a couple days. I was at home, so no risk of driving. Finally after going at this dose for a few days, I began to feel like it finally was starting to give me some relief. I was able to drop the dose, and returned to work. I find that taking 25-50 mgs every 4 hours really helps me. Just wanted to share this in case it might help others. I did start taking Verapamil 1 week ago, but I'm at a very low dose (120 mgs/day), so I doubt that is having any effect. I don't want to keep taking the Benadryl if I don't have to, but I REALLY don't want the pain to come back. Any advice on how long to stay on Benadryl to prevent relapse? I will continue to take the D3 regimen forever as I'm sure that has helped in this process as well. Thank you all for being part of such an awesome community and for sharing your wisdom.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Benadryl with D3 Regimen - how long?
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2017 at 2:25am

Hey Genever,

Sorry you're having a rough time...  Thanks for the update... IMHO... Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) is a lot safer than verapamiil... That said, you can also up the vitamin D3 dose as it has no adverse side effects... Although your serum 25(OH)D will rise, our bodies know how to regulate the resulting serum hydroxylation of 25(OH)D3 to 1,25(OH)3D3 so there's no real reason to get upset about getting vitamin D3 intoxication/toxicity...  Another additional 5000 to 10,000 IU/day on top of your present dose of vitamin D3 might be sufficient to get you CH pain free...

Take care and please keep us posted...

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2017 at 2:27am by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Genever
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 9:53pm

Well, the beast is still going strong. I feel like overall it seems to be less intense than before. The baseline pain and shadows are there but not quite as bad. It still peaks various tones throughout the day. I’ve been keeping up with the Benadryl every 4 hours as I’ve found as soon as it wears off the pain comes back. I have to take more and more Benadryl for it to have any effect. I need to take 75 mg every 4 hours for any relief, but it doesn’t make me that drowsy anymore.
I’ve decided to stick with 20,000 mg of D3 a day for now. Still on 120 mg of Verapamil, but it’s not helping. Just bought Kudzu today so I’m crossing my fingers that something helps soon.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 12:39am

Choose kudzu OR verapamil...they both have the same effect. As reported here... 480 mg/dy verap is the sweet spot ( I went to 1000+)...120 is pointless. be careful NOT to throw multiple darts...when somethin works you won't know which didit............D3 would be the most beneficial with the least side effects....I'd lissen to Batch....he knows him some stuff.............

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Genever
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 1:03pm

I didn't realize Kudzu and Verap did the same thing. Hmmm, I need to see my dr about the Verapamil anyway. It's not helping at this dose and I don't want to increase the dose on my own - I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm continuing to take the Benadryl and the d3 regimen. Hope this cluster ends soon or I'm going to lose my mind.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:01pm

Hang in there. We all know from personal experience how tough it can be with dealing with the beast (CH).

Do talk to your doctor and also your pharmacist as they tend to be pretty good at understanding how drugs work, interactions and similar. Plus they often love to use their skills like this instead of doing routine prescription work.

Keep us updated on how you get on.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!