Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
One for batch, and all of us too (Read 2225 times)
thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
One for batch, and all of us too
Dec 4th, 2017 at 9:57am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
/

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Re: One for batch, and all of us too
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 2:00pm

Umm hmmm.

Meds I was put on for CH and the levels of those meds I was given back in the early 90's have given me side-effects that have remained, and I will die with. Doctors are not allowed sufficient time with the patient to evaluate what is best for them. It's simply, "Here. Take this and let me know how it goes. See you in three months." If you don't die from it, they consider it a success. Verapamil at high doses causes Type 2 diabetes. Guess what I've got. Lithium causes tremors. Guess what I've got. There is good reason to believe the Guillain-Barre Syndrome that has disabled me for the past five years is related to one or more of the medications I was prescribed. I could go on.

I bless Batch and Mitch every day for giving me my life back, but doing so in a way that has produced only positive side effects, like better health.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: One for batch, and all of us too
Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 7:44pm

What I always do before taking any medication or having any procedure is to do my own research into what it is, how effective it is, side effects and similar.

What is interesting is that increasingly I'm finding that some of the doctors I'm interacting with are also suggesting that people do that. Although this advice may well be for those with the skills to be able to do their own research.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!