Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
More tragedy in our family... (Read 2070 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
More tragedy in our family...
Dec 4th, 2017 at 2:26pm

Last November my DIL was diagnosed with Gillian Barre Syndrome and was paralyzed for a time. she went thru rehab and finally the end of July went back to work part-time (she's an RN).

Well, it didn't last... Around Thanksgiving she got really sick and when Buddy took her in to ER, she'd had a relapse. She had to take the IV treatments again (5 of them) and is now in rehab in a wheel chair (she's a risk on a walker)...

According to the neuro, she'll be disabled for a long time this time. So we're backing up ten yards and punting. The kids don't really know how to handle things (Caleb just turned 16 and ... well he just turned 16  Undecided) and the baby (8) is autistic and can't figure out anything except mama is sick - he won't even talk to her on the phone cause he afraid he'll get sick too. (sad).

And Buddy is working out of town, so Granny is trying to deal with two kids and about to murder Caleb (is murdering a teenager against the law?  Shocked).

And then this morning I read where Svenn died and now I'm really in a depressed mood.

Let's just get this blasted year over and hope 2018 is better for all of us.

Thanks for listening to me rant. I needed a blow up this morning. Luv ya all.  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Re: More tragedy in our family...
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 12:53am

So sorry, Barbara. Guillain-Barre is a nasty disease. It does not normally relapse. Did she by any chance have to have the flu shot for work? It is totally forbidden for anyone who has had GBS. GBS is one of the side effects for a portion of those given the vaccine.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2018 at 8:23am

Things are a lot better now. DIL spent most of Dec in hospital, but is home now. She's recovered for the most part and has gone back to work part-time (she's an RN). she gets tired real easy and has to rest more than normal, but is doing ok for now.

Caleb is still 16 and has his DRIVER'S permit so most of the time I have a chauffer.

Baby Chase (and he tells me he's not a "baby" anymore but a big boy) got to play baseball and loved it (he's not ready for the majors but gives it his all). Oh and Chase made the ALL "A" honor roll for the year in school (1st grade AND got the "gold metal" for the most books read during the year (they have to test on each book so that's a biggie in the 1st grade).

I got thru another year of taxes and am now in the midst of moving back to Gladewater, but roadblocks keep popping up and … well maybe one of these days I'll get there. Between work and trying to get that done.. whew!

My "new" hip is working out pretty well. It's been almost a year and I haven't decided to have the other one replaced yet... Someone told me it takes at least a year to get back to "normal" so I'm giving it time right now.

Oh and the best news... I'm still CH free (well except for a couple of MILD hits) Almost 5 years now.. and enjoying it very much. Thanks to D3 and Batch.. Still have migraines but they're not as bad as they used to be. Other than that I'm pretty healthy for an OLD broad.

It's going to take me a while to catch up on everyone here. Sorry I've been MIA, but will try to do better..  Smiley

Wishing everyone a PF day..  Kiss Kiss Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 1:51am

Wonderful news about your DIL!!! I can't get my Neuro to release me for work, yet, but I'm trying to fill my time with writing.

Glad to see you on here again.

jlc

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

NewtonRo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 8:48am

That's a pretty inspirational story, Barbara. I know someone who is going through a similar thing. I will make sure to show them this thread!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!