Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My Recent Follow-Up Appt (Read 3221 times)
Payg
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

NC
My Recent Follow-Up Appt
Jan 16th, 2018 at 9:15pm

Hi All!  Hope everyone is doing well.  Just wanted to share the latest news from my follow-up Neuro appt on the 10th.

The good news is that my Neuro is pleased with how things are going.  She took a look at my spreadsheet and all my notes about each CH.  She asked me specifically if I was OK with how my headaches were at present (1-2 per month and a KIP 1-3).  I told her that life wasn't perfect, but I felt I had a good handle on things at present.  I knew exactly what to do and when to do it so that I could still function and go to work.  I did, however, point out the one anomaly of my experience with tea and the massive CH that followed.  She said "Good Catch!".  Also, she said that if she were in my shoes she wouldn't have anymore tea either!  LOL!   Grin

We discussed the D3 regimen and she has ordered a comprehensive lab workup.  She took a look at my previous lab results and noticed that my D3 level was 47.  She wants to check my levels and see where they stand today after being on the D3 regimen.  If things look good, we may adjust the amount I'm taking to the full level and see where that takes me.  Blood pressure was just fine so we will keep me on the verapamil and O2 (which also has been working great!)

She has ordered my annual MRI for my MS so we can check the brain for any changes.  Fingers crossed--no new lesions!  I haven't had any major issues except fatigue and a few aches and pains.  At least now I have a reason to be so doggone tired all the time!

The best comment she made during my visit was that she had done a lot of reading on our forum and other forums as well.  She was so pleased to find that there were so many folks out there helping each other through this thing called CH.  She has even shared my experience with others and has passed along some recommendations.  She mentioned that I had actually been teaching her something about CH.  I immediately told her that I was only "gleaning".  You folks were here WAY before me.  All the credit goes to you guys! 

So the only fly in the ointment is that my employer changed insurance companies.  So here we go again.  Having to find another DME provider and get that set up for my O2.  I have a tank at home with an Rx on file with my old provider so I'm good through the end of January.  (What's amazing is that in my search for a new DME provider, I have spoke to two people at two separate agencies that actually knew what CH is.  Holy Cow!)  I'm just getting a little frustrated that I can't get a quicker response from my Neuro's office.  (I've found that people just don't work on MY schedule.  I wanted all this taken care of YESTERDAY!  Angry)  Oh well, patience is a virtue, right?

So that just about sums it up.  Not a bad visit at all.  I'm looking forward to getting my test results back soon, and I'll be sure to share.  My best advice to all of you new members or supporters, if you are not happy with your Dr/Neuro/PCP keep searching until you find one that will really listen.  It can make all the difference.

Wishing all PFDAN,
Payg

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: My Recent Follow-Up Appt
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:19pm

It's a beaut feeling, knowing that you're in control.

Keep up the good work,

Brian.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:46pm

It looks like you have found a wonderful neuro who is knowledgeable about what she knows / doesn't know and is willing to learn from many sources. If only everyone had access to someone like her.

Whilst any CHs isn't a perfect outcome, getting them down to the frequency and intensity that you have is a great result. Long may it continue, even at the expense of enjoying a cup of tea.

Wishing your good results continue. It is an amazing feeling to be in control of your CH and not for your CH to control you.

IP Logged

Payg
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

NC
Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 9:19pm

Hi Everyone!  Hope you are doing well.  Sorry it took so long for me to get back with my lab results but it has been pretty hectic lately. 

My previous post mentioned a "fly in the ointment".  That was not a fly!  It was more like a Pterodactyl!  It has taken pretty much a month to get my O2 Rx sent in and approved.  The 1st time my Neuro wrote out the Rx, she noted PRN (As Needed) at my request.  As it turns out, my new insurance company will not accept PRN -- the Rx had to be specific.  So....I got them wrote out again and this time they stated "4 hours/day".  How ridiculous is that!!  If the insurance company is so smart, they would know that PRN is absolutely necessary on any O2 Rx for CH!  I think the other issue I ran into was the lack of good, quality employees at the Neuro's office who can't seem to find a sense of urgency to do their job.  I don't know if it's youth or inexperience in the position, but needless to say I almost lost it!   Smiley  Have Mercy!

Okay, so enough of my complaining.  Here's the results I promised...
Vit B12 & Folate  813
Vit B6  8.6
Vit B1  105.2
Vit D  73.9 (up significantly)
Phosphorus  2.0  (low)
Magnesium  2.1
RBC  3.65 (low)
MCV  113 (high)
MCH 38.1  (high)
Serum Calcium 9.2

I did not have my PTH tested but will have that done at my annual wellness exam in a few months.  I have provided my Neuro with some additional info and we'll see what she has to say next month at my follow-up.  Also had my annual MRI done for my MS, but no answers on that test yet.  After looking at the CD they gave me after my appointment, I personally don't see any changes, but then again....I only play a Dr. on TV!  LOL  Grin

Thoughts, questions, concerns?  I'd like to hear what you guys think about the above info.  If I left something out please let me know.  Again, I hope everyone is doing well.  I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best Wishes,
Payg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!