Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone tried going organic? (Read 2182 times)
AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Anyone tried going organic?
Jan 30th, 2018 at 12:25am

im just curious if anyone has tried switching to a completely organic diet, and if so, did it seem to make a difference regarding cluster headaches.  i ask because i recently found that i dont tolerate foods well that have been sprayed with herbicides.  for the last year, i have had a few health issues clear up, which i think is because i have been avoiding foods that might have been sprayed with roundup. 

i dont recall any shadows last year either, and i certainly haven't been hit with a CH since my last deployment.  in africa, i was buying locally grown veggies and chicken.  i visited the areas where they were grown, so i know they were about as organic as can be.  when i got home, i started growing all my own microgreens for my veggies and avoided most foods available in most grocery stores.  i even grew my own chickens for eggs and meat. 

i dont think glyphosate(active ingredient in roundup) causes cluster headaches, but im wondering if it is a trigger.  from what i have been reading about it, it can do all kinds of nasty things.
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2018 at 12:26am by AubanBird »  

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Re: Anyone tried going organic?
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 8:15pm

AB...good to see you posting again...we miss FAMILY when they don't check in...it's a worry thing.

Thank you for your service...I don't know where we find the people who run INTO danger... but I am damn glad we still do...........

Food industry/food science background here....and I know "some" of what goes on behind the grocery shelves. Definite opinions on the organic topic too...but I need to collect my thoughts...in the mean time...

Best brother......

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 4:33pm

thank you.

i look forward to hearing your thoughts on the issue.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 10:30am

Hey AubanBird,

Good to see you again...  How's your wonderful wife? Yes, I've gone organic and buy only NON GMO produce and goods.  No grain oils, only organic butter, coconut oil, EVOO and Costco's avocado oil.  I fish Alaska every summer for at least a month so have a freezer full of fresh frozen vacuum sealed King and Silver salmon, halibut and cod fillets.  Our beef comes from local Certified Organic Black Angus farms here in Washington.  Quite a few stores are now offering real free range organic chicken and eggs.

I've suspected Glyphosate was a problem for many CHers for several years as it's in everything not labeled NON GMO...  Other than eating an evil cousin of Agent Orange, the real problem with Glyphosate as a herbicide, is it kills off the natural and friendly colonies of bacteria living in the GI tract called the microbiome.  Glyphosate tainted foods can leave people with a compromised gut microbiome and that poses all kinds of problems particularly when you consider a large part of our immune systems reside in and around the gut.

Take care and please say Hi to your wife for me...

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 10:40pm

thank you for your comments, batch. 

its the stuff about glyphosate disrupting the gut bacteria that makes me wonder.  there are a lot of good things that those bacteria do for us. 

makes me wonder how it effects hormone levels and such.

IP Logged

AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 10:08pm

So, in my efforts to not have terrible gas and diarrhea, i have been avoiding pasta and bread for about four years now.  Last year, i thought it might be due to glyphosate.  Well, the last four years have also been  mostly pain free for me as well, which made me wonder if glyphosate might affect cluster headaches, even though i was still taking other treatments.  I have basically been eating a (mostly) ketogenic diet for the last four years.

Today, i found this:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I never would have thought something as simple as a diet change could have such a dramatic affect on cluster headaches...

IP Logged

Akina
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

BFE, NC
Reply #6 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 10:18pm

Batch wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 10:30am:
Hey AubanBird,

Good to see you again...  How's your wonderful wife? Yes, I've gone organic and buy only NON GMO produce and goods.  No grain oils, only organic butter, coconut oil, EVOO and Costco's avocado oil.  I fish Alaska every summer for at least a month so have a freezer full of fresh frozen vacuum sealed King and Silver salmon, halibut and cod fillets.  Our beef comes from local Certified Organic Black Angus farms here in Washington.  Quite a few stores are now offering real free range organic chicken and eggs.

I've suspected Glyphosate was a problem for many CHers for several years as it's in everything not labeled NON GMO...  Other than eating an evil cousin of Agent Orange, the real problem with Glyphosate as a herbicide, is it kills off the natural and friendly colonies of bacteria living in the GI tract called the microbiome.  Glyphosate tainted foods can leave people with a compromised gut microbiome and that poses all kinds of problems particularly when you consider a large part of our immune systems reside in and around the gut.

Take care and please say Hi to your wife for me...

V/R, Batch

Okay, mention me twice in one post and magically I'll appear! Lol! I just wanted to stop by and let you know I'm doing as well as can be expected with Auban over there darting to this country or that every chance he can get. Lol

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!