Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sleep! (Read 1236 times)
AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Sleep!
Feb 1st, 2018 at 11:07pm

ok, so i think this goes here... what i am curious about is if anyone else has odd sleep patterns regardless of the CH cycles. 

as in, do you have wonky sleep schedules?  i know i certainly do.  our 18D tells me i likely have a sleep disorder, because he has seen me go on three or four hours of sleep  over the course of six or seven days, more than once.  its not that i cannot sleep, i just often go several days where i am just not tired or sleepy.

if CH has something to do with a wacky hypothalamus, then i guess it would make sense that our sleep patterns would be wacky as well, but now that i think about it, i dont recall reading anything about it for times when we are not in cycle, or when they are being successfully treated with something. 

any thoughts?
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2018 at 11:08pm by AubanBird »  

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Sleep!
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 2:52am

Possibly, but then there are also natural variations in how much sleep some people need. I've heard of people who need as few as 4 or 5 (I think Margaret Thatcher was someone like this) and others who need 9 or more.

Just because we have CH, not everything it down to us having CH, but somethings could be (which is what makes it complex).

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: Sleep!
Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:13am

Hello there Auban,

A lot of us take 10mg of Melatonin last thing at night for this problem.

Melotonin is created naturally in the brain as a response to the day/night light cycle. However, as CHers also have a wonky Circaedian clock they’re production of Melatonin is often a bit off.

You can get it in any drug store or similar.

It does take a couple of weeks to get the benefit.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!