Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Carnét Demand Valve supplier (Read 1288 times)
CHMatt
CH.com Junior

Chicago
Carnét Demand Valve supplier
Feb 5th, 2018 at 12:32pm

Has anyone here recently had any success purchasing a Carnet Oxygen Demand Valve in the USA?  Everywhere I've tried either won't deal with patients directly or will only rent the device to me if I also rent their O2 services (and I already have all of my oxygen gear, and would like to just purchase the demand valve outright).

I already have a Carnet demand valve (that I love, so I don't want to switch to a different manufacturer) but due to some family medical issues now I kind of need to be 2 places at once so I'd like another one.   Years ago I bought it from Lifegas' Special Oxygen Therapy Unit, but I'm not sure they're still around (and Lifegas keeps referring me to their local retailer who only wants to rent).  Thanks.

Matt
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2018 at 12:33pm by CHMatt »  

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Re: Carnét Demand Valve supplier
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 10:00pm

I have a carnet too. I gave up trying to buy a second one. Got one from the link below.Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I  have the L-063, 120lpm. Small difference in quality, and works fine for me.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Re: Carnét Demand Valve supplier
Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 10:27pm

I've had the "Life Medical" demand for over 5 yrs. It has stopped at least 1k attacks. I use it on my E-tanks, my Carnett is on the big one.

At the lowest breathing, 2-4lpm it sometimes will chatter. The resucitator button easily helps this. When I need to, I will buy another one.

I wish I could buy every ClusterHead a demand valve. To be fair, I get almost the same results with a 3 litre mask, with a high flow reg. 25+lpm.

A Demand valve is the top of the line for CH, it is an out of the box approach. So insurance coverage is not likely. Depending on where you try to buy a demand, may require a prescription maybe not.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!