Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I think Imatrex may have given me migraines (Read 1379 times)
fiftyamp
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|philly|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
I think Imatrex may have given me migraines
Feb 7th, 2018 at 3:51pm

So after 2 years without a cycle(thanks Batch!), I got hit on Xmas day.  It was a very mild cycle, using mainly Red Bull as an abortive.  I did use 2 shots of nasal Imatrex for the first time in 10 years.  The cycle finished in 3 weeks, but now I've been getting what I believe to be migraines, which I've never had.  I do have a Dr appt on Monday, but I'm thinking the Imatrex may have altered something.  Anyone else have anything like this happen? 

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: I think Imatrex may have given me migraines
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 10:14pm

This isn't something I've seen people suggest might have happened to them before. I'd see what your Dr thinks first.

It also isn't too uncommon for people to have CH and migraines.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 2:33am

Anything is possible to give somebody migraines...whether it be Imitrex or a slice of old cheese or an annoying boss....not sure there is anything more than coincidence there, but the doctor would know best.

It is commonly reported with Imitrex to experience rebound attacks, but that is CH which is in a different league than migraines.

Good luck figuring it out with your doc, and congrats your CH cycle was so minimal and that you are out of cycle. That is awesome news! Wink

-Gregg

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

fiftyamp
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|philly|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 11:36pm

Wasn't migraines at all.  The beast came back.  I guess I was just in denial as I never had another cycle start less than a year after one finished, let alone 2 weeks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!