Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Prevention (Read 1054 times)
CraigD
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Prevention
Feb 18th, 2018 at 7:34pm

Hi guys. Just joined. Feel compelled to share my history briefly in the hope that this can also work for others. After only one brief bout of CH in 2015, I have been free of these evil headaches since 2012. Prior to that I had been a frequent sufferer since the age of 13 (now 56).

The game changer for me was reading one immunologist's view that CH was an autoimmune condition. Now this could have been raised in this forum many times & I apologize for going over old ground if that's the case, but I'll tell it anyway.

Treating the immune system & taking away inflammatory triggers became my focus. I eliminated gluten, diary, sugar, fruit juice, chocolate & all packaged foods. I took high doses of sodium ascorbate (vitamin c) & the pre/pro biotic saccharomyces boulardii. I also took up cycling & got myself pretty fit. I dropped 16kg in the process & my hayfever disappeared within 2 years after a lifetime of chronic suffering. The CH took a bit longer as there were some foods that still caused inflammation & it took a while to recognize the signs following consumption.

I've waited til now to tell the story to be sure the CH is not coming back. I used to use hot water & a flannel, run up steep hills to exhaustion & sleep upright in a bean bag to manage. It was interesting that cortisone was the only medication that worked to intercept them which worked by interfering with the immune system's inflammatory response I believe.    
Now after 6 years of preventing an immune response through diet, supplements & exercise as much as possible I'm CH free.

I now firmly believe CH is an autoimmune condition & my diet consists largely of steamed veg, whole fruit, boned fish, lamb & small amounts of nuts & seed. I'm careful with the now popular fermented foods due to histamine levels & mostly avoid them.

Hope this can help others who may not have tried this path.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Re: Prevention
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 12:00am

Diet plays a part in aggravating the beast, but it's thought a faulty Hypothalamus and the gut are the main culprits in getting CH's in the first place.

Hoppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!