Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stuck in Shadows? (Read 1883 times)
Bally
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Stuck in Shadows?
Feb 22nd, 2018 at 11:51am

Hi all,

I don't know how common this will be for CH sufferers since I've got HC, but I thought I'd ask in case any one had any ideas.

I have been stuck on the edge of an attack for 4 days now and I'm wondering whether trying to trigger myself so I can just get it done and over with would help or whether that is just going to trigger additional attacks.

I honestly feel like I am about to have an attack any minute now, so I haven't been able to leave the house or do much of anything, and my muscles are starting to get shaky from being tense all the time. So any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and sending PF wishes all around!

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Stuck in Shadows?
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 9:11pm

I know exactly how you feel,  Bally,  like wanting to shout,  "Come out and fight.  I'm not scared of you!!!"

When I got to that stage I used to take a paracetamol-codiene mix called Panadiene forte here in Oz,  along with a serious cup coffee,  and I like to think it helped.

So did putting boxing gloves on and going five rounds with the punching bag,  which I highly reccommend.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 4:54am

Hi there,

Panadeine Forte is branded as Kapake, here in Ireland and it does help with those persistent shadows.

But you should use them carefully.

Take them sparingly as they are made up of 500mg Paracetamol and 30mg Codeine. That’s a fairly high level of Codeine compared to “over the counter” medications and Codeine is addictive.

You also have the risk of rebound headaches or over medication headaches, which are no walk in the park either.

As Brian says, a good workout, be it Punchbag, on the bike, swimming, whatever, is a good way to clear the head.

Best,

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 7:54am

Have you tried gulping down an energy drink, really fast.  The sudden hit of caffiene and taurine helps a lot of people with CH shadows, so may help for HC too.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #4 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:34pm

Shadows are a pain in the arse or is that the head lol, but I found taking Advil "Ibuprofen" helped, also grating some ginger in a hot drink did the trick.

Hoppy

IP Logged

Bally
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:06pm

Thank you all for the advice!

I finally talked myself into thinking that the shadows were a sort of false alarm and went to bed feeling much more relaxed. Woke up an hour and half later in full attack-mode! *Sigh*

I ended up having a couple of attacks in a row, but at least it's over!  Wink Today is recoup day!

I am adding ginger and energy drinks to my shopping list now, and I'll see what my doctor says about the meds.

Just knowing I wasn't alone or going crazy was a big help, so thanks again!  Grin

Sending Pain Free wishes all around,
Bally

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!