Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Costco (Read 1678 times)
Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Costco
Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:15pm

The American retail giant Costco is coming to Perth! well, Perth Airport, which is in the middle of nowhere and what with a $60 a year members fee, they say it will be 20 per cent cheaper to shop than at Coles or Woolworths Supermarkets, what a joke, it means you have to buy $300 worth of groceries to get your membership fee back, Costco must have rocks in their heads, if they think an army of folk are going to drive all the way too the Airport to do their shopping when we already have Chemist Warehouse, Discount Clothing, White Goods, Electrical, and Furnishing warehouses right on our doorstep, not to mention Aldi where you can save up to 50 per cent on your weekly shop compared to Coles and Woolworths. Rant over.

Cheers Hoppy
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2018 at 8:45pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Costco
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:43pm

I reckon all supermarkets should be made men-only for thirty minutes once each week.

That's as long as it takes us blokes to go in, do a complete shop and get out,  and the women and children are welcome to the place day and night for the rest of the week.

A remarkable nunber of ladies agree with my idea.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:48pm

I've been to Perth airport three times so far and it wasn't that far from where I went each time.

I also like Brian's idea, with men being banned from any supermarket or similar store for 98% of the week.

You've also got Amazon soon too, although when I last looked it was still cheaper to buy most stuff from Amazon in the US, even including the extra shipping.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 12:42am

...I live 8 miles from the original Costco warehouse....be careful...once you go you will be hooked...tis a mesmerizing place....................................

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #4 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 8:14pm

Mike NZ wrote, I've been to Perth airport three times so far and it wasn't that far from where I went each time.

The thing is, we are a little bit spoilt for choice living here in Perth, for instance, where I live, their are two Coles, three woollies and two Aldi supermarkets all within a 5-10min drive, and the same applies to all Perth suburbs, so to drive 30mins too the airport, just to do our grocery shopping is not for me.

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2018 at 8:32pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!