Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ringing ears ... throbbing ringing. Common (Read 2791 times)
Raider
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Ringing ears ... throbbing ringing. Common
Feb 26th, 2018 at 5:36pm

Seems to be constant just very low except on heavier ch days

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: Ringing ears ... throbbing ringing. Common
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 6:23pm

Raider,

I have suffered from Tinnitus for as long as I can remember...long before CH. It always gets louder when an attack is coming.

I have raised this here before, but it doesn’t seem to be common.

I have never found a solution to it. I just take it as it comes.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 7:39pm

.....decades for me...result of genetics AND really poor ear protection as a young AND DUMB worker in a cannery....never been any relationship with CH...for me. It s actually getting worse...while the CH is getting better.....

...I agree with Peter...aint much you can do about it.... tho recent research is promising for a certain type....

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 1:08am

I've got tinnitus from a head injury which also kicked off my CHs. At first it bothered me a lot being fairly loud and hard to escape.

I was lucky enough to get involved with a research project which involved me playing a game where I got information from sounds close to the frequency at which my tinnitus operates. This was great at making me almost totally ignore my tinnitus, other than when something made me think of it (like reading these posts).

Last year I had another head injury which made my tinnitus much louder and more attention grabbing. So whilst the original avoidance approach will be working to an extent, it isn't perfect.

Whilst for a lot of tinnitus, there isn't much that can be done, there are a lot of mitigation approaches which can be used, including many where background random noise (pink noise) / music  is played to help mask the tinnitus noise.

It is also possible to investigate how the ear is performing and fix issues with the eardrum and the inner ear bones.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 1:17am

Mike NZ wrote on Feb 27th, 2018 at 1:08am:
This was great at making me almost totally ignore my tinnitus, other than when something made me think of it (like reading these posts)

...remarkably similar to my brother...who also has tinnitus (genetic and a contractor), see previous)...and who ALWAYS cuts me off when I start to discuss....to quote: "if I think about it...I hear it.... STFU"

VERRRRY similar to the clusterheads who....when out of cycle....avoid ch.com like poison ivy! So...  I get it..............

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Reply #5 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 3:20pm

I only have it when having a HA, been happening the last couple of years...

IP Logged

22yearsufferer
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 8:10am

I am so glad I read this!! I have never had an issue with ringing ears, not even in my previous cycles, however, this time I have noticed that my ears are ringing and it seems a few hours after I notice the ringing I have an attack.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 1:03pm

Hey 22,

It has been my experience that there are very few symptoms mentioned here that have not been experienced by someone else with CH.

You’re never alone!

Keep posting.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #8 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 6:36pm

My tinnitus was brought about by high doses of Verapamil. Never had it before I was subjected to that "medicine". For over 20 years, now, I've had two frequencies in my left ear and three frequencies in my right continuously. An attack has them ringing like the devil playing Chinese gongs.

You learn to live with it, unless you focus on it. After a while it just becomes background noise, though it does tend to cause problems hearing others when in crowds.

jlc

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #9 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 9:03pm

There was an article in our Queensland newspaper today about a tiny electrical implant in the chest that stimulates the vegus nerve and stops tinitus.  Seems it's UK research but just casting around the net I can't find a reference to it.

Perhaps others may have more luck but at worst I'll go back to the pub to re-read the paper to get more details.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #10 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 11:42pm

Well spotted Brian.

A good article about this was published in the Nature journal, which is one of the most prestigious journals for a paper to be published in - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register. It is a pretty long article, so for casual readers I'd just read the abstract which does a good job of summarizing the whole paper.

Google also finds a lot of similar articles - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!