Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What ya listening to.....redux (Read 15187 times)
Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Re: What ya listening to.....redux
Reply #25 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 10:37pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #26 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 2:59pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #27 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 3:13am

Today was a strange day. Started with this: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Along the way, I listened to this: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Transitioned to this: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

And much later, I'm finishing up with this: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Didn't feel much like country today, and the way the head has been acting, there hasn't been much writing going on for the past week. I think I've hit a pretty broad spectrum.  Cheesy

jlc

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #28 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 6:18pm

Well dang it....I missed yesterday.  Embarrassed

Out of the 60's....but not what you might think.....

Yes....I watch Stranger Things and it reminded that this one was once popular.

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #29 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:06pm

It's the middle of the wet season here in the beautiful tropics of north Queensland and it's lived up to its name for the first time in a couple of years.  We escaped the floods that hit just to the south,  the sun is battling through for the first time in a while,  and I'm listening to birds, cicadas and frogs by the million.

It's all but deafening and fair dinkum I reckon they fall out of the clouds with the first few spots of rain!

Music to an old man's ears.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #30 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 3:26pm

Brian has the best suggestions. One of these days I'll get to Australia....

Another one from the sixties. I'm starting to realize how old I am.  Undecided

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #31 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 1:21am

Racer1_NC wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 3:26pm:
Brian has the best suggestions. One of these days I'll get to Australia....

Another one from the sixties. I'm starting to realize how old I am.  Undecided

And if you get to Australia, make sure you pop over the ditch to see New Zealand too, but do visit Brian first, he makes any visit to Oz fun.

And thanks for the music link, I'd heard that song many times, often in adverts and similar, but never knew who wrote it.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #32 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 2:39am

Everyone is welcome, too. The only door that's closed in our house is the one on the beer fridge and that's  subject to change without notice.

What am I listening to?

I'm camped happily on the very beautiful Wonga Beach in far north Queensland (try google earth) because along with 100 other people, each on another beach all down the coast,  we're doing a bird count tomorrow looking for beach stone-curlews. Poor things aren't doing so well in the modern world.

I'm set up well back from the high tide mark (this is serious crocodile country) listening to the waves on the shore, the sea breeze through the palms, and that sweetest sound of all - the lid coming off another perfectly chilled bottle of best home brew.

I can also hear an Angus T-bone singing so kindly excuse me for the moment.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #33 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 4:03pm

Looks like I've been slacking...I'll try and catch it up tonight when I have access to all my bookmarks....but in the meantime.....

« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2018 at 4:05pm by Racer1_NC »  

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #34 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 8:23pm

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #35 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 8:25pm

Kinda of hard to ignore this band......to me one of the greatest of the 70's.

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #36 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 11:55pm

Haven't been around much of late. Sad Procol Harum triggered this one in my mind, and I had to pull it out again. It's the first album I ever bought. A heavy rocker thought I'd like it, with my classical leanings. It pulled me in from the first listen. I have one of the first presses. Unfortunately, I've played it so many times the cover is tattered and the sound is nothing like it should be, so it has no value to anyone but me.

Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #37 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 12:08pm

The 90's visit today...

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #38 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 7:03pm

Just for fun....

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #39 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 4:42pm

James feels good.....

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #40 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 4:44pm

If you have a couple hours to kill.....step back to 1964. The T.A.M.I. Show. Kinda cool....

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #41 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 6:17pm

Hard to believe this is the same band.....
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2018 at 6:22pm by Racer1_NC »  

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #42 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 12:53pm

I've been heavy into writing the past few and haven't been around. This has been the main listen, but since I replayed it, that makes sense, I guess.

I doubt seriously there is anyone else here this interests.  Grin

jlc

Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #43 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 2:24pm

Not her biggest hit, but one she wrote herself.....and I'm a sucker for the old footage videos on YouTube....

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #44 - Mar 28th, 2018 at 1:56pm

Hit the road...

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #45 - Mar 28th, 2018 at 6:53pm

As long as I'm posting movie sound tracks.....

From the ultimate road trip....

Let go home rich...
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2018 at 6:57pm by Racer1_NC »  

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #46 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 3:21am

If we're doing movie themes, this is one I have perfect memories of from when I was 7 years old, hearing it play at the end of an earlier screening as we were waiting for the cinema to empty for the next screening.

Of course, you can imagine what a space mad 7 year old thought of the film.

And another, later film which had an even better sound track.

« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2018 at 3:24am by Mike NZ »  

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #47 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 12:26pm

Mike...

I think many of us remember the first time we heard that one. Smiley

Now this one takes a different direction for me. On a particularly tragic Sunday in March 1987 at Martinsville, VA, this was the song that was playing on the radio when I turned the car off and headed into what was supposed to be a fun day.......and when I got back to the car later that day with a heavy heart.....it was the first song to play. To this day I can not hear this song without reliving the events of that day.

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #48 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 4:23pm

Racer1_NC wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 12:26pm:
Now this one takes a different direction for me. On a particularly tragic Sunday in March 1987 at Martinsville, VA, this was the song that was playing on the radio when I turned the car off and headed into what was supposed to be a fun day.......and when I got back to the car later that day with a heavy heart.....it was the first song to play. To this day I can not hear this song without reliving the events of that day.

I'm guessing that this is relating to Charlie Jarzombek.

Crowded House whilst recognised by most as being an Australian group, its heart are a few Kiwis. You'll often hear this song and others by the group as background music in shopping centres, on the radio, on hold music, etc. here in NZ.

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #49 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 11:52am

You are correct Mike....the second in less than 2 years there. About put me out of the sport for good.

Change of pace...

Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!