Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Petition to remove video (Read 2645 times)
AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Petition to remove video
Mar 7th, 2018 at 11:32pm

i am asking for a little help to remove a video from youtube. 

so, last year, i was supposed to deploy with a team to niger.  i would have had to waive my dwell time to go, but i was fine with that.  at the last minute, however, things changed and i ended up not going.  instead, i ended up getting my instructor certification for a particular skill that we need that is always in short supply.  well, i got the instructor certification, but unfortunately, the team needed me more than any of us could foresee.  at least, that is how i see it...

they ended up getting ambushed and some of them died.  i helped bury  them last October.  i took the news kinda hard because a big part of my job is to provide early threat detection and warning.  had i or one of my counterparts been there, we likely would have been able to warn them about the ambush.  we will never know if it would have changed anything, but its still how we think...

i knew there was a video of the incident, but i did not know that it was on youtube, until today.  so i am asking all of you to help us get it off of youtube.  the video shows two of our guys getting killed in that ambush. 

i ask that you sign the petition and share it.  i ask that you not share my personal story, however.  just share the petition.

i am currently deployed in support of another team, and if i die, i don't want my family to have to know that everyone around the world saw how i died.  i don't want them to see it either.  this is not how we should be remembered...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2018 at 11:34pm by AubanBird »  

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Re: Petition to remove video
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 2:04am

Done! As the father of two US Marines (one still active) I am incensed that YouTube would leave up such a video. They will not post conservative political videos, but show these that glorify terrorists? It is absurd.

jlc

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 1:27pm

the more i think about it, the more it ticks me off that jack murphy posted that video.  his justification for it was incredibly weak.  there wasnt a single piece of information from the publicly released story that conflicted with what was in the video.  there was no reason to publicly post it to youtube.

what surprises me even more is that youtube, which habitually removes ISIS propaganda videos, decided that this one is ok.

SOFREP basically took a video that ISIS released as propaganda and stripped away all the audio and all the preaching in arabic.  then  covered up the faces. 

not like that stops those of us who knew them from recognizing them... 

i am an arabic speaking linguist, so i was able to translate the original release.  its whole purpose was to bolster their recruitment efforts.  jack murphy KNEW this, and still decided that it was a good idea to post it to the most widely used video sharing site on the planet.  he effectively made sure that ISIS got their video out there.  and of course, he didn't care what we thought.

he used to be an operator in 5th group, but it seems nowadays he is just interested in bolstering his own fame and selling his books. 

its a disgrace.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2018 at 1:28pm by AubanBird »  

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 5:10pm

Signed.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 3:16am

I won't be buying his books.

jlc

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #5 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 12:03am

Done.

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #6 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 4:00pm

Signed

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #7 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 7:05pm

I've signed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!