Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
change in clusters (Read 1735 times)
Markmitch
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Valley springs ca
change in clusters
Mar 13th, 2018 at 8:17pm

my cluster headaches have always been every three years for ten weeks and always started in October yet I am getting them 7 months early can anyone help me understand why this may be happening?

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: change in clusters
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:21pm

Sorry you're battling, mate, and I can't begin to guess why such a change may have happened but I can tell you from personal experience I've never had two clusters the same.

Not in onset,  intensity,  nor how long the series lasted.

Guess it's just the monster's way of mucking up our lives but if you've serious concerns about this it might pay to discuss it with your doctor.

All I can say otherwise is it's rotten luck and welcome to one of the unluckiest clubs on the planet.

Better days must lie ahead,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 5:23pm

Hi Mark

Pretty much as Brian wrote, some people have clockwork, highly predictable clusters and some have totally unpredictable ones, with most people being somewhere in between.

I'm not aware of any research which has identified why this happens or of any real guesses from posters here as to possible causes for why their cycle changes which work consistently.

So don't read anything too much into why, but of course if you have concerns do work with your doctor (as with any medical condition).

Make sure you've a reliable preventive plus abortives to hand (post more about what you have in this area) and here is to hoping that your cycle is short and soon over.

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 6:59pm

I agree with Brian and Mike.  The only predictable thing about CH is it's unpredictability.  Just when you think you've got it under control it will change.  Mine also used to be regular, but now all over the place.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #4 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 2:09pm

What they said. ^^^^ The only thing about CH that is consistent is its inconsistency. Being a miswiring in our hypothalamus, I guess it works kind of like bad wiring in our cars. Random when it hits and a devil of a time to find and fix.

jlc

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!