Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
O2 in Las Vegas (Read 1566 times)
Bob in Las Vegas
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Las Vegas
O2 in Las Vegas
Mar 20th, 2018 at 10:20pm

I just moved from FL to Las Vegas, and this time the movers refused to take my oxygen tanks unless they were emptied. Been here 3 weeks and wife broke hip last week and my ch started up last night.

Been working all day trying to get my H cyls refilled, but can't find anyone to do that. Got my FL doc to fax new prescrip to one outfit, but still got nowhere. My new NV insurance kicks in 4/1 and can't see docs for couple weeks.

Anyone know O2 suppliers here that are decent?

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Re: O2 in Las Vegas
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 10:50pm

Bob...I feel your pain brother...

Dunno if there is a Lincare outlet in or near LV...but I'd sure check! Used to travel for business....Reno, Oklahoma City, Sacramento...at every one was greeted by a PILE of e-tanks pre-ordered. Even credited me for those not used. I really didn't fully comprehend how fortunate I was....my best wishes for you.

Regards,

Jon
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2018 at 10:51pm by jon019 »  

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 5:19pm

I have used Apria Healthcare in LV. Due to liability, most o2 suppliers will not fill a tank that did not come from them. When and where it was last inspected is an important point. When I had Apria as my o2 supplier, they let me pick up tanks in LV.

Best of Luck,  Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #3 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 2:27pm

Hi Bob,
I am surprised nobody messaged me advising you needed help in Las Vegas. At any rate, I have reside in LV for 25 years and as you can see by my screen name, I take pride in this city. I have never been successful obtaining a script for o2 for CH's, so I went the welding o2 route - which is just as good, and with less hassle, and no prescription required.

If you are still having challenges or not pleased with your o2 provider in LV - go get yourself a welding tank at AirGas located on Losee Rd in North Las Vegas. Do not tell them you are using it for medical purposes, nor mention headaches. If asked, you can creatively advise you are learning to weld. If they ask if you need other gas tanks, torches, etc affiliated with welding - let them know you only need the o2 tank at this time.

Considering CH's are a life long disease, you may consider purchasing tank opposed to rentals. Airgas offers refills for very cheap, but you must schlep the tank back n forth to their building for swapping out tank.

High flow (25  lpm +) regulators can be purchased for low price at Harbor Freight Tools.

Plenty of info on using welders o2 on this website - look up archived messages.

Hope this info helps! Wink
-Gregg

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!