Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Cluster Monster is back (Read 2474 times)
Tomas
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

The Cluster Monster is back
Mar 22nd, 2018 at 9:30am

Hi there,
After almost two years, the pain is back. I was all happy because I was at that stage where excedrin migrane and hyperventilation took care of the problem but today reallity hit me with a big one at work. I don´t want to use my last resource (Zolmitriptan 5%) because I don´t want to mix all my tools...plus, to tell you the truth, I just want to have that as hope for my next episode.
Hope everyone finds relief, my pain is starting to go away. Best.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: The Cluster Monster is back
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 10:58am

Tomas,

Sorry to hear you’re in pain again.

Have you looked into the D3 Regimen? It has had very positive results for 80% of those of us who use it.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Best,

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Tomas
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 10:06am

Thanks Peter, I read the info. Quite a cocktail that is, I just wonder how to deal with the uncertainty that after taking so much stuff for such a long time, it might not work for me at the end...
This cycle I'm dealing with has been different some how. I'm getting a headache about every 12 hours, usually waking me up at about 3 am. It used to be once a day...oh well.
Zolmitriptan works for me as long as I use it at the right time, but when it weaks me up in the morning it is ususally too late...I wonder if I could damage my brain if I use that too often, feel kind of "slow" after I use it.
Dealing with this is tiring and being a triathlon enthusiast, I can tell that my energy to go out and excercice has dropped substantially during the last couple of weeks...
Ok, enough complaining, time to go out there and face life!
Please excuse my english, haven't used it in a while.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 2:28pm

Tomas, yes the D3 approach needs you to take a multiple supplements, but it is also amazingly effective with over 80% of people who try it getting some benefit, which will be higher than any of the other preventives. There have been many people here who have been CH pain free for years, myself included, by using it.

It is also easy to get pretty negative about things as CH gets on top of you through a tough cycle, failing to see the benefits of anything and only seeing what can go wrong. Just about everyone here will have gone through this. I know it is hard, but you need to look towards medication working to both prevent CH and to abort it, with a cycle at some point finishing so you'll be back to being pain free.

IP Logged

Tomas
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 4:21pm

Thanks again Peter. You're right, being in the middle of the cycle is making me see things from a negative perspective. Have there been success cases with people just taking the D3 supplement by itself or the whole package is required in order to get the benefits?

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 5:36pm

Hi,
It's not so much about taking the whole package in order to get the benefits.  It's more about keeping a balance. 

High doses of one thing can stop the absorbtion of others, and cause more problems.  It's vital to take the whole concoction.  I'm sure Batch would explain if you send him a PM.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #6 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 2:04pm

I concur with all said above concerning Vit D. I was nearly 20 years refractory chronic with 5-8 hits a day except in high cycle, when it got worse. I started the Vit D regimen and got about an 80% reduction in both frequency and severity. BUT, to go along with that is the improved health I've had overall from using it. My immune system is much stronger, so much so that I've not had a cold or the flu in four years, now. If it does nothing for your CH at all, it's worth taking in my estimation.

Reach out to Batch. He's great about answering questions and helping you get everything working right.

jlc

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Tomas
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 8:53pm

Thanks everybody, I will try to reach him.
Best!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!