Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vitamin A dose (Read 2534 times)
Anthony D
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Vitamin A dose
Apr 1st, 2018 at 6:47pm

I cannot find 3,000 IU for Vitamin A. What dose is recommended if I can’t find that?

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: Vitamin A dose
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 5:22am

Anthony,

If you’re buying Vitamin A separately, I suspect you are not using the most up to date D3 Regimen recommendation from Batch.

Here’s a link to that. Things like Vitamin A, Boron, Zinc, are incorporated in the Multi Mature. Just go to page 6.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If you can’t get the items locally, Iherb.com is the place to go.

Peter.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2018 at 5:24am by Peter510 »  

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 5:33pm

I haven't looked for vit A, but have you tried iHerb.com.  They sell most things in high doses.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 9:46am

Anthony, Peter, Maz,

Great question and great answers.  I spent weeks researching each of the supplements in the anti-inflammatory regimen including studies and recommended doses by eminent experts and organizations in the field of nutrition for each supplement. 

With respect to an optimum vitamin A (retinol) or retinol activity equivalents (RAE) dose, you can consider the following as Gospel.  You'll also note this is the recommended maximum dose.  It turns out we need a little vitamin A (retinol) but not too much so in the case of vitamin A as a vitamin D3 cofactor, less is better...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Linus Pauling Institute Recommendation

"The RDA for vitamin A (700 μg RAE/day for women and 900 μg RAE/day for men) is sufficient to support normal gene expression, immune function, and vision. However, following the Linus Pauling Institute’s recommendation to take a multivitamin/mineral supplement daily could supply as much as 5,000 IU (1,500 μg RAE)/day of vitamin A as retinol, the amount that has been associated with adverse effects on bone health in older adults. For this reason, we recommend taking a multivitamin/mineral supplement that provides no more than 2,500 IU (750 μg) of preformed vitamin A (usually labeled vitamin A acetate or vitamin A palmitate) and no more than 2,500 IU of additional vitamin A as β-carotene. High potency vitamin A supplements should not be used without medical supervision due to the risk of toxicity."

If you check the posted version of the anti-inflammatory regimen you'll find the following suggested maximum dose for vitamin A (Retinol).

Vitamin A (Retinol) * 900 mcg (3,000 IU) for men, 700 mcg (2,333 IU) for women (Max Dose)

The * refers to the Kirkland brand 50+ Mature Multi as it contains 750 mcg vitamin A of which 40 % is beta carotene.

If you cannot get the Kirkland 50+ Mature Multi and can only obtain vitamin A (retinol) in 5000 IU RAE dose, take no more than four (4) of these capsules a week for a weekly total vitamin A (RAE) intake of 20,000 IU.  Better yet, as less is better when it comes to vitamin A (retinol), take one (1) of the 5000 IU vitamin A capsules a week and you'll be good to go...

Hope this helps,

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Anthony D
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 12:25pm

Thank you all. You’re truly wonderful to take time and help.

I had gotten a lot of the vitamins separately and was hoping to add vitamin A. I think it would be wayyyy easier to get the Costco kind.

Thank you all!

Anthony

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #5 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 2:31pm

Vitamin A question...

A = Retinol 900 mcg aka 300 IU/day.

OK for retinal palmitate? My multi has A as beta carotene, mixed caratenoids 10,000 IU. Thoughts?

-Gregg

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!