Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can I fill my own E tank? (Read 2868 times)
Sean McE
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Seattle, Wa
Can I fill my own E tank?
May 2nd, 2018 at 12:06am

I think I remember a post where someone was filling their own medical O2 tanks. If so, any info would be most appreciated. I've been on an odd year pattern for the last 4 cycles so this one caught me by surprise (should have known better!) and the way this one has started up the daytime hits are bound to be coming soon. I've handled them in the past by keeping a smaller tank at the ready in my car at work but they're all empty! I absolutely detest dealing with the medical oxygen suppliers so filling my own tanks would be awesome.
         Thanks, Sean

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Re: Can I fill my own E tank?
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2018 at 11:10pm

To fill your own tanks you need a larger tank to fill from and a proper "o2 transfill conector.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Sean McE
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Seattle, Wa
Reply #2 - May 4th, 2018 at 1:31am

Thanks Skyhawk5, the bigger supply tank is no problem but the devices needed to connect a large welding tank to the smaller medical tank are the issue. I'm not sure where to start my search for same. This cycle is looking to be a doozie.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #3 - May 11th, 2018 at 10:44pm

Sean, the link below shows the transfill connector you need. Note the connections, CGA 540 to CGA 870.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register $99+.

There are more places to buy one. Search oxygen transfill hose.
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2018 at 10:58pm by Skyhawk5 »  

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Sean McE
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Seattle, Wa
Reply #4 - May 13th, 2018 at 1:42am

Thanks Skyhawk5, Got a little story for ya...in your earlier post you used the word "transfill", and while it accurately describes what I'm trying to do, it sounded like a made up word so I did nothing! A couple of days later I gave it a shot and typed in "transfill oxygen" in good Ol Google and found the info you just gave me. A quick study on the nomenclature of the different fittings and I was good to go. Found the fittings and high pressure hose setup for $99.00 and it arrived on Wednesday😀. Glad I did too cause I got the crap kicked out me early Thursday afternoon. This cycle is proving to be truly vicious 😖.      
         Thanks again, Sean

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #5 - May 14th, 2018 at 12:32am

Sean, glad to hear you got the gear. Sorry I wasn't a little more clear on my first post. I'm not online everyday so my responses are delayed.

I am a 30 yr CH sufferer. My first o2 Rx read 7LPM, with a NRB mask. I have learned so much from this website. You too?

Don

Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Sean McE
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Seattle, Wa
Reply #6 - May 14th, 2018 at 3:25pm

Oh yeah, this site is valuable, must be..I keep coming back and learning more. Just learning about oxygen was worth it's weight in gold, oh and using welding oxygen too. My insurance won't pay for O2 and the medical O2 suppliers were draining my pocket book.
  Sean

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #7 - May 24th, 2018 at 12:41am

Sean, I understand the out of pocket. I didn't have insurance my first 5 yrs of CH. Refills were $10 per e-tank. There were times I spent $50/wk. Plus rent.
I still have the tanks I bought, (nobody will fill them!), two e's and an eight LPM reg.

Oxygen has been a lifesaver for me. The better the setup the better the results.

Don

Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!