Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pain free for 9 years (Read 1754 times)
ErnieB59
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Pain free for 9 years
Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:30pm

My Neuro put me on 480 Mg Verapamil (240 morning / 240 night) and one 40 Mg Relpax daily. This has worked like a miracle after trying ever drug known to mankind with no relief.
Relpax is now available in Generic and should (key word) be easier now for insurance approval. If this can help just one or two people....
Mine are chronic - was having at least 3 to 5 attacks daily prior to this combination of medication.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Pain free for 9 years
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 2:53am

Hi Ernie and welcome

It's great that you've found your magic combination which keeps you pain free.

I'm slightly surprised by you taking a Relpax daily as taking triptans frequently can cause medication rebound headaches for some people, but clearly this is not the case for you.

Have you tried skipping it? If so, what happened?

Hopefully you'll continue to be pain free, but if that changes you've lots of options which includes potentially increasing your verapamil dose, other preventives and abortives to kill off any CHs that break through.

Thank you for posting and if you've any questions, do ask.

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Re: Pain free for 9 years
Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 9:31pm

Relpax did give me rebounds, but happy for you that you found something that works!

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!