Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie looking for some support while supporting (Read 1248 times)
Billie32
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Newbie looking for some support while supporting
Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:56am

Newbie to the site. Supporter/caregiver/wife for my husband who has suffered for going on 30yrs. He is chronic year round, and it's killing me! I've watched him suffer for so long, and can't do a damn thing about it.
Please bare with me as I learn the ropes of msg boards.
My name is Billie, I've watched my husband suffer since the age if 17.  NO DR'S WOULD HELP BECAUSE THEY KNEW NOTHING. Everything we've learned has been on our own, and with the awesome guys @Clusterbusters. He is suffering so bad. Waking up every 20mins with a new demon(that's what we call them). It started in January when he had "that look". It has escalated to the point he went thru over 250 imitrex shots in less than 6 months, arguing with his Demon about staying here with his family, not giving in, or giving up, beating his head on/in anything.
This round he can not be left alone.
I've watched this big healthy man turn into a quivering scared shadow of himself for 30yrs, by myself caring for him because no one really believed him, thot he was faking. So I have absolutely no support from family. Hiding so he doesn't see me cry/beg/plead with any diaty that would listen. I have no one to talk to, my husband is shutting down, I'm fed up with no one understanding, and going crazy thinking I'm the cause of all his problems. I've cried so much with him, and am scared I won't be there to talk the Demon out of taking him away. I'm scared for him this time round.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: Newbie looking for some support while supporting
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 1:32pm

Billie,

That is a very moving post and one that we can all relate to.

Can you tell us a bit more about the history of his treatment. What, if any, preventatives has he tried. What abortive he has, etc.

Where in the world you live....we may be able to steer you in the direction of someone who knows about Clusters.

You are NOT alone and you have come to the right place.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 9:04pm

Billie,

I'll second Peter's comments.  I've sent you an important PM.  You'll find it in your PM InBox at the top left corner of this screen under the date where is says "Good Morning Billie,
You have 1 new message.
"

Click on the bold print to read this PM.

Take care, hang in there and keep the faith, there's a solution to your husband's cluster headaches that really works.

V/R, Batch

« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2018 at 9:11pm by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 4:18am

Welcome to where we all know about CH first hand as we either have it or support someone with it.

We know the devil, the demon or CH by any other name all too well. CH is pretty brutal.

We'd love to know more, especially the questions that Peter asked.

Tell us more and we can give you both the benefits of our experiences over many years and many neurologist visits.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!