Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Here And I Really Need Your Help (Read 1560 times)
Jacob U
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

New Here And I Really Need Your Help
Jul 15th, 2018 at 3:56pm

Hi,

my name is Jacob and i suffer from CH for the past 7 years (I'm 33 years old). over the years i tried everything and for the past 2 years the CH becomes chronic (i really believe it's because of the massive use of imitrex shots for the past 4 years). Just saw the recommendations here regarding the D3 treatment and i  would really like to try it. I'm really desperate and willing to do ANYTHING! can someone recommend on their specific supplements that they buy and i can purchase on iherb.com? My English is ok (i'm not from the US) but i still can't understand what should i buy and what is the amount i should take per day.

Thanks you for your help! this forum is simply amazing and i cant believe it took me 7 years to get here Sad

Thanks!

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: New Here And I Really Need Your Help
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2018 at 5:08pm

Jacob,

You’re very welcome here and we are glad you found us. There are members here from all over the world and a lot of experience and support readily available.

The link below describes the D3 Regimen in detail, including the recommended products and loading doses. Just scroll down to the relevant pages.

I would suggest you print the paper and discuss this with your Doctor, if possible. Your D Serum blood levels should be checked before you start taking the Regimen, so that you have a baseline to measure your blood levels when you have completed the loading dose stage.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Would you tell us where you live and a little bit of the history of you’re treatments. There may be members here from your own part of the world.

Come back with any questions.

Peter.(also chronic).

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Sean McE
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Seattle, Wa
Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2018 at 10:42pm

Hi Jacob, If you found this site than you've probably read about how effective oxygen is...it really will kill a hit in minutes if it's done right. Running till I'm really winded when I was younger was would also kill a hit really fast, many people say I doesn't work for them but it was extremely effective for me and yes, I could run with my head exploding as it seems to be a pretty good distraction from the pain.  Energy drinks pounded fast at first sign of a hit have been effective for some but never worked for me. Good luck and ask questions, there is no such thing as a stupid question!   Sean

IP Logged

Jacob U
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:37pm

Hi!
Thanks Sean and Peter for the quick response!
I will try to summarize all of the treatment i received during the last 5 years (it took 2 years to diagnose the CH). at the first 2 years i got a mix of pills when the CH cycle starts: Varapress 240mg (Verapamil), Naramig 2.5 mg, and for the first three days when the CH starts Dexamethasone 2mg. also i got the Imitrex 0.5ml (each shot contains 6mg of Summatriptan), all of this was in order to "break" the CH cycle. at first it worked perctly fine and after 3-4 days the CH stopped for a few months. After a 1.5-2 years the CH started to appear once every 2 months instead of once every 6 months and the intensity of the CH increased dramatically. at that time i started to use ALOT at the Imitrex shots (i believe it was a HUGE mistake). My neurologist also add another pill to the mix that called Indovis. After that the CH just became a part of my daily life. I started using Oxygen 1.5 years ago and as long as i "catch" the CH on time it works amazingly well at 12L per min. the problem is that i can only get the small tanks and after 3-4 CH i need to change it (every day or two ). at the beginning of the year i actually quit my job (VP of operations - alot of stress on a daily basis) in oredr to try and fight the CH. i did several things in parallel- a cleansing diet that made me loose 8 kilos (i was a skinny guy so now i'm really thin and i cant seem to gain the weight back), lowered the amount of pressure to 0 for the last 4.5 months and with an advise that i got i started to take Curcumin C3 pills (2 a day 1000mg each). Something in that mix worked because the CH actually stopped for 2 months!!! (something that didnt happen in the last 2 years). at the last month it started again but the intensity of the CH is lower than before.
i placed an order through iherb for the d3 pills and i'm going to get a blood test tomorrow.
i hope i didnt wrote to much Smiley
i'm from Israel by the way.

my big question here is probably how do you handle the fact that you know it is gonna be a part of your life until your last day? how do you balance work? family?

Thanks again and if i can help with something please let me know.

Jacob

IP Logged

DanAge50
CH.com Newbie

"It's hard to speculate
what tomorrow may bring."

USA
Reply #4 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 7:35pm

It might be helpful for you to try this method and it will save O2, I run at 4LPS because this fills my Cluster o2 (sold here) reservoir bag in exactly 1 minute while I hyperventilate room air for 30 then hold pure O2 for 30 and repeat  (1 minute total) Check it out and you'll see how to do it, it works fabulously well for me in 10-15 min. As you said though best to catch it earlyish.  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register (Scroll down a bit)

Latest regimen here:Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
It will tell you exactly what to get and do take all the supplements because they work together to allow your body to actually make use of all that D3!!

Be sure to get your 25(OH)D, calcium and PTH (parathyroid hormone), and don't get the wrong D levels like I did (1,25(OH)2D3)

Lastly.. many people seem to believe that using suma makes their CH worse. If there is proof of this I would like to see it, but until then I remain skeptical that it has to do with CH changing cycle behavior over time. Please correct me if I am wrong someone, but I think beating himself up will do no good. Please don't use it more than you are supposed to. Also many have found splitting the auto-injectors (google it) it or using vial allows them to use 2 mg to abort rather than 6mg. (Vials are available in usa I don't know about there, do inquire)

I think you are on your way to something that will work! It has helped me tremendously in a short period of time. Get your labs and start D3 on the 12 day loading schedule 'as soon as the syringe is full.' (Batchspeak)

Your big question will be answered when you get much better control of this and I think you will.
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2018 at 7:58pm by DanAge50 »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!