Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Has anyone tried drinking salt water? (Read 1956 times)
Culprit88
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Has anyone tried drinking salt water?
Aug 14th, 2018 at 3:12am

I just woke up with another headache and I started thinking, like normal for me,  why is this happening again? Possible causes? The weather has been changing, it was hot today now tonight on the other hand the temperature outside has dropped significantly it is quite cool outside and there is dew on the grass which is cold on my bare feet. I did yard work today, could I be affected by the grass clippings? Don't think so I would have thought I would be affected immediately after mowing not 10 hours later, but is it because I had to lay down first for it to take hold over me and have the demon take over? Don't know so I started thinking about what else it could be, I sweated a bit while mowing the lawn and weed eating and raking the grass clippings so maybe I lost to much salt? We need salt, I'm more of a sugar person I crave sweets like crazy I eat candy and sugary foods like crazy everyone says I'm going to become diabetic but man I hope not cuz I love sweets. So before bed I did my normal I was eating taffy tonight any way and drank my normal 3 giant glasses of water before dosing off. Water seems to help quite a bit to keep the demon at bay hydration is key but also nutrient balance as well. I ate well today and for dinner I had thick style chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes that I made however I did cheat and used processed chicken from the can which we all know evidently processed foods are a no go but I did it anyway and then 7 hours later I feel like shooting myself but in my state of, I say retardation or insanity, for me more retardation due to what I must look like to everyone else, drooling on my self head cocked to the side mouth a gap screaming I hate my life while slapping, jabbing, poking, and punching every nook and cranny on my head and face always the left side too it could switch it up sometime but it won't state of being I looked up more stuff on the internet after I slammed a glass of salt water thinking maybe I was salt deficient!? Who knows! Maybe? And I looked up what is vitamin D3 because I see a lot of people say they take 50,000ui as a ch avoidance measure and it turns out D3 is produced naturally through our skin when exposed to UV light, it's a type of steroid which most steroids are used at times for allergy sufferers. So I took my drooling self out to my detached garage and searched for my black light from when I was a kid because old ones are actually UV lamps, found it! But before I got it plugged in and turned on my headache was gone and I feel great again! Little lump in the throat, the amount of salt I drank may have been a bit much, kinda burnt on the way down but it worked! I have my black light on just because I feel a lil D3 can't hurt either but man I feel great! So have any of you tried this? Let me know and if you haven't do! It can't hurt any worse can it! Thanks for reading my message I love this site I read the posts on the site entrance and it brought a tear to my eye out of happiness for people that actually understand but at the same time dread because you understand. I hope this helps you as much as it helped me. Sincerely Travis Culp

IP Logged

Culprit88
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Has anyone tried drinking salt water?
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:06am

Well that was short lived! Back to the drawing board. At least I had 5 hours of relief. It worked so well but now it's back. However it is stopping it again it just didn't cure the problem whatever it is. I'll have to see if the higher dose of D3 and fish oil that batch recommended would work for me. It didn't work when I tried it before but it was years back and a lower dose of D3. Methodology does change over time and the absorption rate may be better now than previously had been. And just like that in the amount of time it's taken to write this message my headache is down to about a 3 which is way better than it was. Hopefully a one or zero soon but I probably can't get that lucky again. Well I was that lucky again 22 minutes and I'm good again at a one it's saying hey for a second here and there like normal so I'll take it! Duration woke up between 7:40 and 7:50 drank salt water about 8:00 @ 8:22 it was down to about a 3 here at 8:30 it's about a 1. Not bad in my book, hopefully I don't get heart disease or have a stroke from salt intake but it works way faster than most anything else. It works just as fast as maxalt which is crazy and that stuff was 50 to 70 bucks a pop although that's been at least 15 years now so probably way cheaper now. Looking back is sad that I can remember it is over 25 years of this crap I'm 35 now and I don't remember much but I do remember THIS and I was about ten when I was dunked in an ice tank and had my first MRI and CT scan because it just got worse and worse evidently, I can't remember most of my life which is sad but I do remember parts of it and almost all of the memories is of  pure hell. Heck maybe I shouldn't worry about a stroke maybe that's what these headaches truly are mini strokes happening over and over again and that's why I lose all my memories periodically. For me at least it's like a continuous cycle of a major brain injury I swear when I get to the 10 which is normal and I'm convulsing on the floor in a pool of sweat and I mean a pool that my brain is cooking!

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 6:05pm

Sounds like it may be time to look further into the new and improved vitamin D3 regimen.  Lots of people report great success with it. 

Also,  did you look any further in to the recommended use of Oxygen as suggested in replies to your post on the other thread?  It is a godsend for many and we can help you lots with the set-up.

Only better days ahead,

Brian.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Culprit88
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 1:35am

I've tried a non medical grade oxygen in the past from my cutting torch not the cleanest source but if it works, it works. It helped some but not much I tried getting medical grade but got denied. They are really tight when it comes to the control of oxygen for some reason. I might have to try and do it with the mask and clean lines again, I'll probably just modify a particle/vapor filtration mask and just attach a clean non used oxygen line but still use the pressure regulator, what pressure do you use?

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 1:57am

It's generally said that a minimum of 15 litres per minute and anything up to 25,  used in a proper cluster-mask,  can kill off a hit in 5 to 15 minutes. 

On the left side of your screen is a button marked  Oxygen Info and it will tell you so much about how to go about it.  You may already have a lot of this stuff and we can help you side-step the medical/insurance side of things.

Happy reading,  and we've plenty of oxygen experts here only too happy to help another ClusterHead.

Good luck,  and let us know how you're getting on.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Culprit88
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 2:24am

Awesome thanks Brian

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!