Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
In the words of Egon "yo". (Read 2598 times)
Atekaten
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Kalamazoo, mi
In the words of Egon "yo".
Aug 17th, 2018 at 4:41pm

I'm Nate,  32, diagnosed July 2016.
I'm happily happy married for 4 years. Going back to school to get out of the job i have.

I know I have been lucky as far as ch go where for the most part they have been tolerable some bad but still not as bad as they could be

I decided yesterday I needed to find a group like this for support.  I had the worst cluster i have ever had to the point of wishing God would end it or me, not suicidal just that much pain.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: In the words of Egon "yo".
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 6:12pm

G'day,  Atekaten,  and welcome to the club no-one really wants to join.  You're among other CHeads now so there's no need to explain and we do understand.

Happily there are many weapons in our armoury nowadays for dealing with this nightmare and it's a matter of working out which works best for you.  We've all the good info on Oxygen and how best to use it,   the various abortive and preventive medications available,  the vitamin D3 regimen which from humble beginnings has been made into a life-changer by one of our members,  and if nothing else we offer a place to chat or yell to your hearts content.

Pull up a chair.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Atekaten
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Kalamazoo, mi
Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 6:19pm

Thank you i just needed to say that generally pretty serious guy so I posted what i felt was necessary.

Has anyone Tried the ear piecing for headaches? i heard about it and my mother (love dearly, but honestly with all her med knowledge don't think she understands this enough, or even at all) keeps suggesting i try it.

speaking my feeling is not a strong suit for me but i believe this what i need to do now.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #3 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 6:28pm

Ear piercing is a bit of a new one on me,  mate,  but the list of things we've tried over the years seems endless.  Some of them were laughable at the time yet have come of age as magic bullets.

You could always have a try at it,  we'd be very interested in any results you get,  and it would certainly set mum's heart at rest that you at least followed her advice. 

Mums are important,  that's the law.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Reply #4 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 9:47pm

I have heard of the daith piercing. A friend told me about it. She has a friend who has migraines and it worked well for her.

I have not tried it and don’t know anyone else...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
1/

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #5 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 4:18am

Welcome Nate.
You've come to the right place for advice, knowledge, friendship, and even just to rant if that makes you feel better.
We're worldwide, so no matter what time of day you visit us, there is usually someone around, and every one of us knows what you're feeling.
Sadly, your mother doesn't understand it.  Only people who have experienced it can truly understand it, and we wouldn't wish it on our worst enemy, let alone our mothers who must be our best friends.  But we all understand perfectly, so stick around.
Maz.

IP Logged

Falcon
CH.com Newbie

I'll sleep when I'm dead...

Malverne, NY
Reply #6 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 2:14pm

Hi Nate,

Welcome!

My cousin like me, gets migraines.  I get both migraines and clusters (and tension & hemiplegics, oh my!)
She showed me hers and said the piercing worked for her migraines. So I got one. It did nothing for any of my headaches. After a month, I finally just took it out as the metal made my ears cold & actually gave me an earache!

In conclusion it may help you, it may not. We are all so different that you’ll just have to try it for yourself to know.

It wasn’t expensive cost less than $50 & I had it done by a piercing/tattoo shop. The hole healed up after about 9 months.

Hope if you try it, that it works for you.

Wishing you good health & PF days!

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #7 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 2:14am

G'day Atekaten,, and welcome,
I would imagine the majority if not all women clusterheads on this site would have had their ears pierced, and including some men, but I'm yet to hear from any that this has stopped them from getting CH's.

Cheers Hoppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!