Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Y- Connector (Read 935 times)
numbnose
CH.com Newbie

Ireland
Y- Connector
Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:42am

My tanks max are 15LPM. Normally I have 2 reservoir bags and mouthpieces on the go. Works ok but jumping between the 2 tanks and constantly adjusting the flow rates is not ideal when under attack.
Someone somewhere - I cannot find the old post- suggested using a Y-fitting to combine 2 tanks with one mouthpiece.
I sourced some on Amazon and it works. I don’t know if it actually reaches 30lpm but it definitely makes things easier.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Re: Y- Connector
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 3:59am

I think that may have been me - a long time ago though.  I was asking if anyone thought it would work. Don't know if anyone else has posted about it too.

You can buy the Y fittings easily enough in aquarium shops for a few pennies.  They are used to connect fish tanks to air pumps.  I used to keep tropical fish so I already knew where to get them, and it was the fishkeeping that gave me the idea.

I did buy one, but I actually never used it because I bought a mask from the CH store at the same time, but It's nice to know it works should I need to.  The mask is also a winner.  It has a much bigger reservoir bag so you can breathe much faster and deeper.  Check out the CH.com store - yellow link on the left of the page.

Don't let your O2 provider know.  You are supposed to only use their equipment, and as specified.  They come to do a 6 monthly assessment - you know, to check I don't store it next to the cooker etc  Huh, so I make sure all my own equipment is out of sight.

I'm glad it's helping you, and thanks for letting us know. Every bit of info helps.
Maz.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!