Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help? Having a hard time getting Oxygen :( (Read 1763 times)
lori_p
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Napa, CA, USA
Help? Having a hard time getting Oxygen :(
Nov 21st, 2018 at 7:49pm

I'm visiting family out of state for Thanksgiving, and my CHs are getting worse.  I have Immitrex with me, but I hate taking it (it makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack).  I tried to get my doctor to prescribe Oxygen that I could pick up from a local medical supply company (they were all on board with helping me if I had a prescription), and my Dr refused to do so.  Her reasoning was she can't call it in, there were specific papers that needed to be completed, and the office is closed for the holiday week. I'm fine paying out of pocket, but she still said no go.

I also tried to get an appointment at an urgent care, hoping a Dr there would be able to prescribe, and they refused as well. 

UGH. Any advice? 

Has anyone used oxygen canisters you can purchase on Amazon with any success?

I'm so frustrated and feeling scared about oncoming CHs without all the tools I need.  Cry

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Help? Having a hard time getting Oxygen :(
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 8:49pm

Ambulance and Fire Station personnel have been very helpful towards us ClusterHeads,  especially if you've been able to word them up in advance.

Once they know what's going on they're more interested in patient care than paper work.

They are good people.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #2 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 8:39pm

Welder's O2 is always an option.....but....I'd strongly recommend finding another doctor that will prescribe O2 for you. I am always disappointed when a medical professional will not prescribe O2 for a cluster head. Ridiculous bordering on criminal.

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #3 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 4:20pm

I totally agree with what's been said. Most primary/family Dr's are afraid to prescibe oxygen. And some Neurologist's too. They don't know how and will say anything but.

The best advice is take charge of your treatment. Educate your Doctor and get what you need. If the Dr won't listen to you, she is less than acceptable. Read and use the link below.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2018 at 4:22pm by Skyhawk5 »  

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #4 - Dec 27th, 2018 at 9:28am

Not sure you still need it but I second welding O2 as a option.  Whereabouts are you staying?
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2018 at 9:28am by slacker032 »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!