Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Opinions wanted (Read 1089 times)
Robdog
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Opinions wanted
Nov 29th, 2018 at 12:13pm

I writing hoping to get your guy's opinions on the head aches I have been having. I don't want to jump to any conclusions on what I might have but I am starting to believe its cluster headaches given my experiences and what medical professionals have suggested. I have not experienced these for very long, but I am kinda worried and am trying to figure out what is going on with me. 

This everything I have experienced and its a little lengthy sorry. I summarized everything at the end if you don't feel like reading it all.

About a couple weeks ago I suffered a headache on a plane ride that was probably about a 2-3 KIP (I am not great at putting a number on my pain levels), it was on a Friday night. The pain was located behind my left eye. I didn't think anything of it just thought I was dehydrated. That night and the next two night I woke up around 2am (went to bed around 12) with an intense head ache probably around a 6-7ish KIP (squirming in bed/fetal position type of pain). For some extra info, that weekend I was preparing a presentation for an interview and lost a bunch of my work and had to redo a lot of my work so I was pretty stressed. I took some Advil during those nights which did nothing. I squirmed in bed for an unknown amount of time and was able to eventually fall asleep. On Monday I had the job interview and that night and the next I didn't experience any pain.

Wednesday I went to the doctors to see if I had a sinus infection I did not.  That night I went out to dinner and stuff myself and drank some. Once I left the restaurant I came down with another head ache (always the same side). I eventually had to make my girlfriend drive because of the pain. I eventually got a little nauseous, and threw up a tiny bit. I am not sure if it was from the head ache or if I just ate too much and got motion sickness.  We ended up going to the ER right after I got sick. I was given O2 and my head started to feel better once they were putting my IV in. I was given some meds and got at CT scan and they didn't find anything in my brain or sinuses.  They thought it might be a migraine or cluster headaches.

I have woken up every night since then with theses head aches. I got a couple during the day with varying pain. One lasted like 20 mins and then went away. One of them happened when I was playing a board game and I kinda just pushed through it and it lasted maybe 5 mins. This Monday night I woke up with another head ache in the middle of the night and after a hot shower for about 20 or 30 mins I was able to climb back into bed and fall asleep. Then this Tuesday I woke up with a head ache still about a 7 or 8 KIP, and it lasted for about an hour where it then died down to like a 3 the had spikes up to around 5-6KIP. I could feel the pain from my top left molars to the temple.  I was able to make a dentist appointment where I was told nothing was wrong with my teeth (I was hoping there was). It was about noon and I hadn't ate anything I did take a couple Tylenol (no help) and tried to put down some soup. I threw it us as soon as I finished and went back into my bed I woke up at like 6 feeling super tired still had a lingering pain maybe like a 2KIP and ordered a sub where I was able to keep it down. I went back to bed and laid there until like 9 where the pain grew and died down it times where the pain was bad my hands tingled a little bit but idk if that was from pain or lack of food. The pain never fully went away that day. I fell asleep around 9 after taking 10mg of Melatonin and woke up at like 11 with a screaming headache 7-8KIP. I hoped in the shower and sat there for 20-30 mins and then went to bed. I woke up Wednesday feeling good. No pain and was good all day my head did feel tired like worn out like a lingering feeling. I was a bit worried to go to sleep in fear of waking up in pain, and eventually fell asleep around 2ish. I didn't wake up with any pain. That bring us today, I still feel a lingering feeling in the place where the pain was but its not painful.

Summery: Painful head aches behind my left eye. Pain can be felt from my upper left molars to my temple. I have experienced tearing from the one eye. When in pain my left nostril seems congested (but not my mucus).  I usually get the around a couple hours after falling asleep. Super painful, pretty consistent on when I get the headaches.  I had one super bad day a couple days ago where the pain seemed to last from when I woke up in the middle of the night till the morning because I woke up with it still. It didn't really go away that whole day. I woke up that night a couple hours after I fell asleep. The following day I woke up without any pain, and haven't had one since. the episodes lasted a little more than a week and a half (hopefully). Its been a day and a half since my last head ache.

I look forward to hearing what you guys think. Theses head aches are like nothing I have ever experienced before. I hope you all are doing well. Thanks for taking the time to read all of this. 

Also I do have a couple appointment with neurologists, but they aren't until a couple of weeks. I will report back to you all once I talk to them.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2018 at 3:15pm by Robdog »  

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Re: Opinions wanted
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 5:09pm

Just answered on your other thread.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Opinions wanted
Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 6:39pm

Me too.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!