Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Weird method, but it has been working for me! (Read 2973 times)
tatty
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Weird method, but it has been working for me!
Jan 9th, 2019 at 5:04pm

Hello all,

Quick background: been an episodic CH sufferer for over 20 years. Been on many treatments (mainly Topamax for duration of cycles, Imitrex injections, Maxalt, etc).  It's been hell, as you all know. The beast just started coming back about a month ago, but I stumbled onto something that has worked for me every time, everyday this cycle.

One day I had a kip 6 - 7 and I was pacing, sweating, all the typical crap whenever I get one. I had woken up with it and was walking barefoot on a really cold floor. Headache left after approx 5 - 10 mins. Didn't think anything of it. I hadn't taken any abort meds. Just figured I got lucky that time.

More came throughout next couple of days as usual and they were the normal trips to hell.. Woke up again with one and again this time I was pacing barefoot on a really cold floor. Gone 5 - 10 mins, no meds. Got me thinking to try it next one I got. Same results a few hours later. Now every time I get one, I take off my shoes, go to coldest floor in house, walk around, and it has worked every time for me. I've been doing it multiple times a day since with unbelievable success. I really hope it keeps working.

I was wondering if anyone ever had similar results. Or if anyone here would also try it to see if it might help as well. I'm not saying it will, but for whatever reason it does wonders. It's been miraculous to me!

I know it's weird, but please let me know if it works for you too. No one should go through the torture we endure. I hope success to anyone else. I know we're all built differently, but if this helps just one more that'd be amazing.

Hope to get feedback from anyone else who may try this. I wish nothing but the best to you all.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Weird method, but it has been working for me!
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 5:59pm

Tatty,  if it works for you then keep on doing it! 

Also,  sincere thanks for passing it on in the hope of helping others.  Goodness knows we've seen some weird and wonderful suggestions here over time that have gone on to be magic bullets for many.

Keep up the good work,

Brian in Oz.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 7:59pm

Tatty,
Stranger ideas than this have been brought up here, and if it kills the attack without meds, how great is that! It’s certainly easy to try, especially if you live in a cold climate. And even if you don’t, putting some cold packs from the fridge on the soles of your feet might do it. Thanks for sharing.
Patti

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 9:49pm

A few weeks back I posted about some CH research around sensory function changes - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.

This showed some links to changes around part of the hand, so I wonder if there is a similar link to area(s) of the feet too?

I wonder if you also put your hands on the cold floor will help it work faster? Try it if you wish.

Quite a few people have had benefits from a cold shower, running in the cold, breathing in from air conditioner air ports and similar (others get relief from hot water, etc.).

I'm glad you've something which works well for you.

IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Reply #4 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 10:56pm

Tatty,

The car  A/C Full blast will work breathing it in will work to

Mark.
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2019 at 4:17am by MDR »  

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #5 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:19am

G'day tatty, Maybe like ice on the back of the neck, and from the feet too the head, maybe takes a little longer. But,
if it works for you keep doing it, and as the saying goes, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another.

Cheers Hoppy
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:45am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

plateglass
CH.com Junior

Seaside Heights, NJ
Reply #6 - Apr 30th, 2022 at 8:13pm

Hello and thank you for sharing that method.  I just had a kip 5 6....put icepack under left foot... experienced a decrease in intensity in like 6 mins....so. Wow. Worked for me too!!  Best of luck

Wouldn't it be easier if we just cut off your head?

IP Logged

DebDraws
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - May 3rd, 2022 at 10:31am

I’ve had a somewhat similar experience putting a cold compress on the front of the ear on the side where I have the cluster headaches. It will often abort the headache in a few minutes. I think each of us is different and if you find something that helps that doesn’t hurt you, go for it Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!