Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2019 CH Abortives - Journal Article (Read 1069 times)
Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
2019 CH Abortives - Journal Article
Jan 18th, 2019 at 1:28am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

This is a pretty good resource for the very latest 2019 guidelines for what is effective for treating CH.

People may want to direct their doctors to this paper which was published in the "Headache" journal which is the journal published "by" the American Headache Society.

Interesting to see that energy drinks is included in the paper as a readily available abortive with no reported side effects. So this may be something to point out to doctors when they tell people not to use Red Bull, Monster or similar.

Vitamin D3 didn't get a mention, although the paper is focused on acute (abortive) treatments for CH.
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2019 at 1:28am by Mike NZ »  

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: 2019 CH Abortives - Journal Article
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2019 at 11:45pm

Good one,  Mike,  and I'll read it properly once I'm back on my laptop.  (Out bush just now and battling through on my mobile.)

The drift I got, however, was they were looking at only chemical intervention with no mention of our other wonders of innovation like cold air, hot/cold showers, solid exercise etc.  Frozen peas are our friends!

Either way it's a start and may help newcomers to this dread disease in getting a bit of honest help from their doctors.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!