Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Good neuros in Atlanta? (Read 1406 times)
Mjedwards409
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Good neuros in Atlanta?
May 7th, 2019 at 8:00am

As much as I liked everyone here back in 2014, I was hoping I wouldn't have to log back into this site.  My wife starting getting attacks again this week.  She got them for the first time in 14 for about 2 months, got on the D3 regimen, and they went away.  She had what looked like another cycle back in 2015/16, but after 2-3 of them they went away.  Same exact pattern as last time, every other night at 2AM.  Last night's was 2 hours long.

First thing's first, getting her back on the D3 right away and starting loading again. Secondly, she wants to go back to a neurologist ASAP.  In 14, the one she went to refused to acknowledge that they could be clusters because she is a woman.  Angry  Hoping anyone else in Atlanta could recommend a good one?  Thanks in advance!

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Good neuros in Atlanta?
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2019 at 2:57am

Mjedwards409 wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 8:00am:
...the one she went to refused to acknowledge that they could be clusters because she is a woman.

I can't begin to answer your question,  Mj,  but couldn't let the last neuro's diagnosis pass without comment.

Go back to the Cluster Headache Specific board,  where you've posted this,  and scroll down just a little to find a thread called  "Dopiest Responses to CH".

You'll find 10 pages of posts from people who know from the heart exactly how you feel just now.

You're amongst friends here and we truly understand,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #2 - May 8th, 2019 at 11:14am

I also had a neuro who said women didn't get clusters.  To cut a long story short, he evantually refused to see me and passed me over to a junior doctor.  This doctor ( female) agreed 100% that it is clusters, and gave me the appropriate help. You definately need to find another doctor.

Sorry I can't answer your question, but thought I'd just share that your wife is not alone

IP Logged

Mjedwards409
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - May 8th, 2019 at 1:57pm

Thanks so much for the feedback!  She actually got into the same neuro, (because they were the only ones to call her back. Sad )  That said, she saw the female P.A. instead of the male neuro this time.  She said they were "could be" clusters, but couldn't be sure because they were so rare. 

So we moved from "no way" to "maybe", which is an improvement.  I posted again in Batch's D3 thread.  God willing we will stop this beast in its tracks and won't have to worry about it for another 5 years....or ever!  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!