Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: Alpha Lipoic Acid (Read 1029 times)
pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Re: Alpha Lipoic Acid
Aug 13th, 2019 at 5:45pm

Great post! Thanks for the information on this. I kind of had this supplement in the back of my mind to try. After reading a bit, the studies on it show a lot of promise for many conditions related to aging. I’ll be checking it out.

Patti

IP Logged

Sailpappy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Colorado Springs, Co
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 4:39pm

There is actually more research on this supplement, when taken at night(recommended!) it also promotes better circadian rhythm and better sleep, sometimes as an adjunct to Melatonin!
        I didn't want to bombard the string with too much info!  My main interest has been in seeking relief for my Neuropathy, but the side affect is it works on several different types of nerve pain a well, therefore might have some positive affect on CH?
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2019 at 4:42pm by Sailpappy »  

IP Logged

Sailpappy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Colorado Springs, Co
Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2019 at 5:02am

Well there is actually a better supplement than Alpha Lipoic Acid, its called Benfotiamine, Primarily developed to treat blood sugar stabilization. How ever it is touted as being 60% more affective at treating nerve pain, neuropathy in particular.
        However, if it treats nerve pain it works everywhere in the body! I wont post the research, but Google it!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!