Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I think my cluster is breaking up! (Read 1082 times)
Jason Z
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

I think my cluster is breaking up!
Aug 20th, 2019 at 6:26pm

I'm episodic, usually at the change of the seasons. My current cycle has been going on for just about three months now. Almost didn't go on a much-needed vacation this last week because I didn't want to face the beast around people I was just meeting for the first time, out in the woods east of Salem, Oregon. My husband encouraged me to take the break I needed and I'm so grateful that he did.
The beast arrived the first night, in the dark, among the trees, while I was talking with a new friend and I managed not to panic. Fortunately, I was carrying my Sumatriptan pen with me and my friend turned out to be a nurse! He helped me get back to the main lodge where I could see what I was doing and I was fine in about 3 minutes.
My Beast arrives like clockwork, after I fall asleep: every night. But only when I'm in a cluster.
Following that first attack, I had three, beast-free nights. Then, only a small one the night I got home (O2 took care of it in less than 10 minutes) and nothing last night at all.
This last cycle has been overwhelming for me. I've been carrying a lot of deep dread, real fear and depression.
I'm very grateful for this group. Thanks to everyone here, especially those who have reached out to respond to my posts.
Knowing that other people understand this horror, helps in ways that are difficult to put into words.
...blessings...

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: I think my cluster is breaking up!
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 8:59pm

All headaches are horrible,  Jason,  but you're among friends here and we truly understand.

Keep fighting the good fight because it gives heart to others.

We must always have hope.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: I think my cluster is breaking up!
Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 3:48am

Great to see the improvement and that you'll have also educated the nurse about CH. You never know when they might come across someone else with a CH and be able to make a difference in their life.

Anyway, it's probably safer to have a CH in the woods near Salem, Oregon than near Salem, Massachusetts given what happened there between February 1692 and May 1693.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!