Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CH was mentioned on TV (Read 1504 times)
Payg
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

NC
CH was mentioned on TV
Aug 23rd, 2019 at 11:57am

Hi Everyone!  Hope you are all doing well. 

Just wanted to let everyone know that last night I was watching a new tv show called "Chasing the Cure".  It featured a patient named Brenda who has been suffering with a headache for almost 10 years now.  When the panel of doctors were assessing her case, the ER doctor (Dr. Bon Ku) wrote out three different types of headaches -- one of which was CLUSTER!  Holy Crow!   Shocked  I could not believe it!  I almost fell off the bed giving an air fist bump and a Heck Yeah!   Grin    

If you go to their web page (chasingthecurelive.com) you can read her story.  There is also a clip from the doctors review and if you look at the board on the left you can read the word CLUSTER.  From what I can tell, she would not have CH.  But I still found her case very interesting since it deals with a debilitating, continuous headache.   Something all of us have dealt with in one form or another throughout our CH careers. 

Again, how AWESOME was that!  Just think...that one little word might be the catalyst for someone to start doing research and figure out what is going on with them.  That one little word might get some medical professionals do a little research as well.  That one little word put us in the spotlight if only for a brief moment.  You never know what one little word can do!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful, PF day!

Best Wishes,
Payg

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: CH was mentioned on TV
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 2:23am

Was this a UK TV series? I remember something like this happened on a UK show a few years ago, with most people here who saw it not being convinced it was CH, but liked the idea that CH got discussed.

IP Logged

TuTu
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 4:48am

I joined and filled out a case for “Chasing the Cure” regarding CH

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 4:52am

G'day,  TuTu.   Welcome aboard the good ship ch.com.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 4:02pm

Hi and welcome TuTu

Tell us more about your experience with CH, maybe we can give you some additional hints and tips to help you stay on top of it or maybe you can give us some pointers.

IP Logged

Payg
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

NC
Reply #5 - Aug 28th, 2019 at 2:23pm

Hi Everyone!

MikeNZ, This is a series on TNT & TBS stations here in the US.  It will be on at 9 p.m. on Thursday (08-29-19).

TuTu, you've definitely found your best source for information right here at CH.com.  I'm glad you joined.  Many of us have found that we are the ones educating the medical professionals about our condition.  Let me suggest that you take time to read, read, read.  As MikeNZ said, please tell us a bit more about your experience.  Also, keep us updated on any response you receive from the tv series. 

Hope everyone is having a wonderful PF day!

Payg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!