Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello (Read 1060 times)
Ben54321
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Vancouver
Hello
Sep 4th, 2019 at 2:45am

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself as I keep coming back to read this forum each time I get into a cycle but I never post.   And lately I've been feeling like it would be good to know some other people with clusters.

I've been getting clusters since about 2002.   From 2002 until 2009 I had a few isolated incidences... and never understood what they were.  My wife and I just called them my 'left eye' headaches.   But in 2011 they started happening in an episodic way and have increased since then.    Thats when I started tracking them in detail.

In 2013 they stretched out over a month and the pain was so unbearable I ended up at a neurologist who diagnosed the clusters -- and I got oxygen... this has been a complete lifesaver and works well as long as I can get on it in the first few minutes of an attack starting.   Its also sometimes helpful to move an ice pack from my neck to temple to my left eye, to the top of my head then back to my neck etc during the attack.   Just to get that numbing cold inside my head.

So it seems that every 3 years is when I get into a proper cycle.   And they seem to be getting longer.

2013 the cycle was just under a month with 14 incidents (oct)
2016 the cycle was just over a month with 35 incidents (june/july)
2019 the cycle has been over 2 months with 77 incidents (july/august)

I think for 2019 I'm done but even tonight, after almost 2 weeks of relief... I got the tightening of the neck, and the shadow clawing behind my left eye.. just enough to remind me that I should not return the oxygen tanks just yet.

Thanks for listening!

Ben

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Hello
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 5:58am

"...just enough to remind me that I should not return the oxygen tanks just yet."

G'day,  Ben,  welcome aboard,  and I can promise there is no sight more loverly than your oxygen tanks gathering dust in the corner.

Keep thinking positive because that's how we win the fight,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Ben54321
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Vancouver
Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 3:25am

Hi Everyone,

Took a 2 year break away from here but now I'm back.

Clusters started back up last Wednesday and have been happening a couple of times each night.

I'm amping up the D3 this time around.   Fingers crossed it will be a short cycle.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 3:51am

I can't bring myself to say welcome back,  which I'm sure you'll understand,  so hopefully you'll settle for a heartfelt G'day.

Rotten news the beast never lost your address but it's worth dropping Batch a line as he's made another couple of tweaks to the D3 regimen which seem to suit a lot of people.

Frozen peas are our friends,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Ben54321
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Vancouver
Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 1:30pm

Thanks,

Yes Batch was in contact with me and I'm hoping the D3 will work for me.

Stay tuned...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!